Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why I don't purchase my clothes from the Q....

I like the shoes at the Q. I am hardly ever disappointed. I love the Earth Brands and Clarks (most of the time). I used to buy clothing from the Q when I was heavier and now that I have lost weight I go into the B&M stores. It is great. I shop at Kohl's for pants and tops. Also, I have found some great deals at Target. I bought  8 long sleeve tees at Target for $55.00 with no shipping and handling. All the tee shirts are beautifully made and very soft.  Also, most of the petite pant lengths are 29" and my inseam is 26 1/2 ". Therefore, I would have to add an additional $12.00 to get them hemmed. So, for me this is a no go.  I am retired and just need casual clothing.

Respected Contributor

I have bought some clothing items from the q but I need to try my stuff on and feel the fabric.  Some of the tops I bought, the sleeves were just to short on me and tight in the shoulders. I like longer sleeves.  I have no issues buying from the q.   But ordering clothing and not being able to bring it back to a physical store gets too expensive with shipping costs. That is mostly why I dont order clothing from qvc.  But, I do take a chance if I see something unique.

I have always enjoyed shopping with the q and bought a ton of stuff from here. This is a store like any other except it is online. If you dont like it shop elsewhere.  I dont like plenty of stores but I never have a need to put them down. It is just a store.

Esteemed Contributor

@terriebear All I can say is that the whole time I was reading your post I was thinking "Then why is she HERE?"  You don't purchase your clothes from the Q, but you are posting on the Q "Fashion Forum"? SMH

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Frequent Contributor

Since QVC is so "un-desirable" in so many ways I'm surprised you wasted so much of your valuable time with that lengthy diatribe explaining what you don't like. Why not just skip that & spare us your nonsense all together?
Super Contributor

@lovethgedress wrote:

Guess I don't understand why you felt the need to post this

@lovethgedress

I have every right to voice my opinion as well as anyone else.  Years ago, (ten plus years or more) I bought many clothing items on here. That was when they had in house designers like Jessica Holbrooke, and my favorite Koos of Kourse. He stepped outside of the box and offered clothing that had a little something to it, such as reversible jackets.  Another favorite was Indigo Moon...beautiful jackets with flair, and many fabrics with almost a quilting effect to them, that garnered compliments anytime I wore one. Now.... not so much.  Again, everything is just run of the mill.  Yesterday the Q offered 47 items of clothing, and only 6 were in a print. So I stand by my statement.  If a shirt, or top is in a solid, I would like a ruffle down the placket of buttons, a crossover opening, a lace yoke, jewel buttons down the front, lace cuffs, a tie that can be tied into a bow at the neck, just something if is a solid.  Other stores offer this.  As for why I posted this...why do others complain about shipping, their marriage, their kids, their medical problems, their tv shows going off air, their pets having fleas?  At least I wrote about the Q, and maybe they will return to the way they were and offer more variety. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

I also prefer trying things on first which is why I don't buy too many clothes or shoes online. I actually think the Q has decent variety. When I think of all the brands there are definitely some different choices. I bought an IM printed cardigan on sale a few weeks ago. It is ok, but I am not sure I would have purchased it if I had seen and tried it on in a store. It was a brighter color than it appeared online. I know I am taking chance when I order online from any company.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@terriebear wrote:

@lovethgedress wrote:

Guess I don't understand why you felt the need to post this

@lovethgedress

I have every right to voice my opinion as well as anyone else.  Years ago, (ten plus years or more) I bought many clothing items on here. That was when they had in house designers like Jessica Holbrooke, and my favorite Koos of Kourse. He stepped outside of the box and offered clothing that had a little something to it, such as reversible jackets.  Another favorite was Indigo Moon...beautiful jackets with flair, and many fabrics with almost a quilting effect to them, that garnered compliments anytime I wore one. Now.... not so much.  Again, everything is just run of the mill.  Yesterday the Q offered 47 items of clothing, and only 6 were in a print. So I stand by my statement.  If a shirt, or top is in a solid, I would like a ruffle down the placket of buttons, a crossover opening, a lace yoke, jewel buttons down the front, lace cuffs, a tie that can be tied into a bow at the neck, just something if is a solid.  Other stores offer this.  As for why I posted this...why do others complain about shipping, their marriage, their kids, their medical problems, their tv shows going off air, their pets having fleas?  At least I wrote about the Q, and maybe they will return to the way they were and offer more variety. 

@terriebear

Common sense should tell you that ANY shopping channel wants to offer a wide variety, BUT also wants to avoid anything that could result in massive returns.  This will probably mean them offerring more "classics".   "Fads" must be returned a lot more often than classics, IMO.    From my personal experience, most women want to do their own accessorizing, according to their personal taste.   That means starting with a basic well made garment that isn't too "busy" to add accessories to.

As for prints .... they are quite tricky, at best.    Ever see a woman wearing a print that is all wrong for her, for any number of reasons?   Even a tall thin woman can't wear every print that comes along ... many overwhelm the wearer because not all prints are created equal.  

My mother was a fashion model before she married, and would occasionally point out a very bad outfit saying "That woman isn't wearing that print ... that print is wearing her".    It's not enough to "like" a print .... it should also be flattering.

Outfits you described above are just YOUR personal taste .... Personally, I would never buy something online that had ruffles, bow ties or lace.    Ugh.  

JMO

Trusted Contributor

I do see skinny jeans on the Q and Isaac's pull on pants are very stylish since most tops are worn outside and not tucked in.  I used to order a lot of Isaac, but his line doesn't seem as exciting lately.  I never wanted anything from his SOHO line.  I did order two of his items in the past month and both are large on me in the small which is what I always ordered.  One is shapeless and the other is the cashmere peplum top which is large from the waist down causing it to be unflattering.  The reason I am either going to the B&M's, or ordering from the B&M's online where I can return the items in person is that I just don't see that much I love here.  To pay shipping and handling, I have to be WOWed.   I have ordered maybe 6-8 Christmas items and a few pieces of jewelry (Q is still the best to me for silver jewelry) in the past half year, but I've cut down a lot.  I'm actually enjoying browsing the B&M web sites where there is a lot more variety.  I just don't want to package items for return anymore (except maybe jewelry which is easy).  Another reason I don't order much anymore is that purses are something I need more than 30 days to decide on.  Sometimes they are for the next season and I think they are going to be wonderful to carry and they aren't.  I wish I had the money I spent on purses I decided I hated.  At least at the B&M's, I have more time to decide on them.  I also feel that very little help or information about sizing is given by the vendors and hosts for clothing.  The measurements and sizing charts don't do a whole lot for me personally.  I don't want to hear cheerleaders asking me what color I want.  I want information.  I'm discovering that I have a lot more fun and inclination to try something from stores I have easy access to.   

Trusted Contributor

So why are you reading it and replying to the OP?  I thought it was interesting and I, too, gave my reasons.  I was a very heavy duty shopper from QVC so don't even tell me I can't speak up about things I dislike.  You should just go on to another topic in forums if you feel that nasty.   

Trusted Contributor

I will add, that QVC has the greatest shoe shows and I watch them regularly.  I love Clarks and Earth shoes.  As far as prints go, Isaac sold a ton of merchandise with his lovely prints.