Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who dresses the Plus Size Models?

I don't think Jackie or Iris look good in any of the clothes they model on QVC .. I am sure they look much better in their own personal clothes that they wear when they are not on QVC.
Super Contributor

I totally agree on the clothing these women are modeling-way too tight and the colors are often just as bad put together. I don't mind the shoes except for the very high heels with crop pants! Even the regular size models try to fit into very small size clothing-it must be an ego thing! I like most of my WWC pants-they fit me well and I have never had any problems with colors fading-the black is still black, navy navy etc.

Respected Contributor

I am a plus size woman and I take issue with the woman with control line and I always feel bad for the plus size models when they are showing this line. Woman with control uses lots of spandex and in my experience anything with spandex over 3% is not my friend. The vendor, who is thin, touts her line as a slenderizing line when in reality the plus size models look terrible. Most of the time, I don't like the way the regular size models look either. As a plus size woman, I would never wear tight stretchy jeans or leggings and anyone who thinks they look great in all that spandex better get themselves a 360 degree mirror so they can see themselves from all sides.
Honored Contributor

From what I see on HSN and the Q sausage skin tight clothing is what is currently trending. It will pass. I agree with conlt -this look is not attractive on anyone past puberty.
Super Contributor

On 3/22/2014 conlt said: I am a plus size woman and I take issue with the woman with control line and I always feel bad for the plus size models when they are showing this line. Woman with control uses lots of spandex and in my experience anything with spandex over 3% is not my friend. The vendor, who is thin, touts her line as a slenderizing line when in reality the plus size models look terrible. Most of the time, I don't like the way the regular size models look either. As a plus size woman, I would never wear tight stretchy jeans or leggings and anyone who thinks they look great in all that spandex better get themselves a 360 degree mirror so they can see themselves from all sides.

If they put a size that PROPERLY FITS THE MODEL, the spandex thing is nice. Holds shape, firms up a bit of the jiggle. BUT sadly, they don't use the correct size items. None of the Q folks do, maybe Mary Beth and the one who loves her dogs, but otherwise, nope.

Super Contributor

Why is everybody (hosts, models, vendors) wearing skin tight clothing. Its totally unreal!

Trusted Contributor

Not a line I'm impressed with. Even the very trim vendor looks questionable in some of her pants and other pieces. I'm a plus size woman, and no way will skin-tight spandex worn as an outer garment do anything positive for my figure. What it does it mold to my imperfections so everyone can take note of them. Might as well go out in my spanx........and I can tell you that's not a pretty sight!

The only way to successfully "style" these spandex pants on a larger woman is to put them under a long jacket or tunic that covers everything down to about the knee. I don't even care for skin-tight on slender women. You end up seeing things you'd rather not.

Respected Contributor

Gee, perhaps you should submit your application for a position as stylist with the Q.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/22/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

Gee, perhaps you should submit your application for a position as stylist with the Q.

That is something I really would consider! I'm great at dressing for "your" body type. So thanks, for the compliment. I remember on a few shows Lisa had to redress eh hem Kerri and Jackie.

Super Contributor

The point is to get you to look, remember, and comment.

Obviously, the stylist was successful!