Honored Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

I don't get it ! I would feel so uncomfortable going to a party where

everyone is wearing the same color !

The above photo.....

Looks like they are members of an organization. Woman LOL

If you're refering to the one sitting at tables my first thought was cult!

Honored Contributor

I think ivory is ok, but you could always ask the host ahead of time.

I don't understand or like parties where I am required to wear something particular. I hate ugly Christmas sweater parties and other events where I am told what color to wear. Why do people like these restrictions? I have declined invitations to parties that were like this. Why can't I just wear something appropriate in a color I prefer?

Honored Contributor

Generally a white party isn't just a party someone decides to have where everyone wears white.

Honored Contributor

Re: White cocktail party read fast it will get poofed

This will also get poofed. If you have to wear white will you be required to wear a hood?

I just think this is a bad idea to call it a "white cocktail party".

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ncascade wrote:

This will also get poofed. If you have to wear white will you be required to wear a hood?

That's ridiculous. Are we to expunge the word white from our language? The color white from our palette?

Did the invitation say white people

"I contend that we are both atheists . I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."  Stephen Henry Roberts

Honored Contributor

Anyone remember Mad TV? Remember the sorority?

Honored Contributor

@MRSTH wrote:

@ncascade wrote:

That's ridiculous. Are we to expunge the word white from our language? The color white from our palette?

Did the invitation say white people

"I contend that we are both atheists . I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."  Stephen Henry Roberts

NAT:  Some Harvard students and professors are suggesting worse even.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, I am an occasional visitor to this forum but haven't posted in years.  I just had to get in this discussion.  I am black and I have attended several "white"  parties.  It has nothing to do with who is in attendance. By the way, there were people of different ethnic backgrounds and races in attendance at all of the ones I have attended.  This is just a trendy thing to do and believe me it is just about wearing white and there is no hidden agenda.  The last one I attended was for a friend who had recently retired. It was a surprise and all the guests were told to wear white.  Her invitation told her that it was a going away party for a relative and to wear red.  She was surprised and stood out among all of the "white attendees."

Esteemed Contributor

I appreciate your post @ceejay.  Some of the comments on this thread are just ridiculous!

Honored Contributor

The photos make me feel like it is a group in uniforms or something, too. All that bright white is a bit unsettling! 

I wonder what the reason is for a single color?