Valued Contributor

Where are the summer clothes?

I've been waiting and waiting to see some clothing for hot weather. So far it's all knits, polyester and 3/4 to full sleeves, with some exceptions. There have been some dresses for summer, but I don't wear dresses. There have been pants and shorts and sandals. So I guess I'm waiting for summer tops. I hope they are still coming...

Honored Contributor

Re: Where are the summer clothes?

[ Edited ]

@Whosits wrote:

I've been waiting and waiting to see some clothing for hot weather. So far it's all knits, polyester and 3/4 to full sleeves, with some exceptions. There have been some dresses for summer, but I don't wear dresses. There have been pants and shorts and sandals. So I guess I'm waiting for summer tops. I hope they are still coming...

@Whosits I have bought countless short sleeve tops, shorts, capris...100% cotton, 95% cotton 5% spandex, etc during this past month or 2...

Where are you looking? Specific brands?

Valued Contributor

Thanks for your repl. It's really just the tops I've been looking for I guess. I don't do sleeveless, so to be specific I guess I'm looking for short sleeve, natural fiber tops. I've seen some gingham but not much else. I've looked at most of the designers that have aired. Given what you've said I think I'll do a basic search.

Honored Contributor

I want to know where summer is! I already bought some new summer clothes ie sleeveless tops, skorts.

I'm tired of the wearther we've been having - a lot of rain more than breezey, down right windy weather, way too cool sometimes cold temps.  TIRED OF THIS!  Give us better weather with more sunshine PLEASE! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Whosits wrote:

Thanks for your repl. It's really just the tops I've been looking for I guess. I don't do sleeveless, so to be specific I guess I'm looking for short sleeve, natural fiber tops. I've seen some gingham but not much else. I've looked at most of the designers that have aired. Given what you've said I think I'll do a basic search.

I've bought a ton of cute short sleeve tops from QVC but they're blends, not natural fibers.  I won't buy 100% cotton or linen.  I don't intend to spend the summer ironing so it's cotton/poly for me.

@Susan Louise  Remember the discussion we had on the D&C tropical print shirt?  You were unsure of the neckline.  I've worn it and had no trouble with straps peeking out.  It's a really nice top which I believe is cotton and modal.  A277652.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Whosits wrote:

I've bought a ton of cute short sleeve tops from QVC but they're blends, not natural fibers.  I won't buy 100% cotton or linen.  I don't intend to spend the summer ironing so it's cotton/poly for me.

@Susan Louise  Remember the discussion we had on the D&C tropical print shirt?  You were unsure of the neckline.  I've worn it and had no trouble with straps peeking out.  It's a really nice top which I believe is cotton and modal.  A277652.

@Kachina624 Thanks for the update! I am so relieved...Whew! LOL

I decided to put myself on waitlist for the blue/green while I was still able to in my size. I didn't expect for it to process and be shipped before I heard back from you. I checked my acct and it will be here tomorrow...WOOT! Very happy!

Remember the QVC line called 'City Knits' about 8-10 yrs ago? There was a couple of tops from that line which drove me crazy. The material was nice...just that if the neckline wasn't closed in enough, whenever I leaned toward the right or left, I would have to adjust it so my straps didn't show. When I learned that this material was on the heavy side, those City Knit tops came back into my mind...hence I was worried. Thanks again! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  Perhaps you have narrow shoulders?  Anyway I hope the top works for you because it surely is a looker.  Let me know what you think.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Where are the summer clothes? Everywhere but QVC.

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

Where are the summer clothes? Everywhere but QVC.

They usually wait too late for my area.  They put out summer clothes right before 4th of July when our stores put everything on sale and in a couple weeks, all the school clothes are in the B&M stores in my area.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I want to know where summer is! I already bought some new summer clothes ie sleeveless tops, skorts.

I'm tired of the wearther we've been having - a lot of rain more than breezey, down right windy weather, way too cool sometimes cold temps.  TIRED OF THIS!  Give us better weather with more sunshine PLEASE! 

@PINKdogWOOD

Same here.  Too cold, dreary, and rainy to wear anything summery right now.