Honored Contributor

Re: When did stirrup pants finally fade away from your wardrobe?

Thanks, I'll take a look.........Hey, am I recalling that snow skiiers used to wear them? Maybe they still do........I really do believe that they may re-appear in athleasure wear.  I'm serious.  I wouldn't be disappointed, either.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  I'm going to 'dig up' those navy ones..........they were a good quality and looked sleek.  'Trouble is' I just know that they won't fit.........(upside down happy face emotion)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s. (AGAIN).............Hey, wait!  They could actually lift our arches!  More foot/arch support..........I'm serious.

Respected Contributor

Wore them in college in the sixties with long thick mohair sweaters.

They were done in the later sixties. Then we wore beautiful wool slacks with gorgeous cashmere sweaters.

Esteemed Contributor

Ashleigh, thanks for your detective work!  Blair doesn't carry my size.... but..... maybe we should contact Gary of Denim & Co.?  

Or not.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

Oh, they're still around; I saw some at Chico's not too long ago.  I think they're considered a category of legging, though, rather than pants or slacks - at least, that's the way Chico's was styling them on them mannequins, with longer tops and jackets.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY

"Stirrup pants with arch support"

It COULD happen!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Yes!  Faux sueded or faux sherpa,  slightly padded arch supports in the stirrup!   Why not? 

Valued Contributor

@sharlee wrote:

Oh, they're still around; I saw some at Chico's not too long ago.  I think they're considered a category of legging, though, rather than pants or slacks - at least, that's the way Chico's was styling them on them mannequins, with longer tops and jackets.

I bought the pair at Chico's - they fit well, and hold their shape all day.  I wear them with longer, flowey tops or jackets and boots and they look great!  They don't look any differnt to me on than leggings - just stay in place!  The stirup part is pretty large for my foot so I need to take them to the cleaners to have them adjust and sew them smaller.  I'm happy to have a pair in my wardrobe again! 

Honored Contributor

I have all kinds of 'high fallutin' ideas.......lol.  This one actually makes sense.  Having the padded foot stirrup so it would be more comfortable at the instep.