Respected Contributor

When It Comes to Jean/Pant Seams

I am a total freak when it comes to the construction of pants and/or jeans.  I simply will not purchase them if they seams are crooked.  By that I mean I can't stand it when the pants start to twist on the bottom portion (from the knee to ankle) where they end up crooked at the ankle.  I know, it's a freaky thing and most women I talk to say they never notice it, but I do.  So I purchased a pair of jeans online and the company is in Germany.  They are made in Portugal.  They were a little pricy but they were on sale and they are so unique I had to try them.  I could tell the minute I opened the package how well constructed they were and the legs were perfect, to a T.  I think products made in Europe and of extremly good quality.  AND they had no funky smell like those made in China.

They have cute little embroidery on the two back pockets .... simple star that looks as if it could be a shooting star.  Yes, I love stars.

Honored Contributor

Re: When It Comes to Jean/Pant Seams

I never had pants twist at the ankle.  Maybe you wear them too tight?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I never had pants twist at the ankle.  Maybe you wear them too tight?

Well they don't twist but they look like they do because the seam is crooked.  For the record, I wear my clothes very loose.  If anything, people tell me my clothes are too big and I should size down.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sparklestar

Have not bought new jeans in ages, but I get what you are saying.

However, this happened to me in the past. 

The leg seam would appear slightly off and then, after washing, it would twist around to the front in an odd way.  I knew it was off because the leg seams never lined up when folding.

These weren't expensive jeans, so I normally would wear a few times and then give them away. Thankfully, I've not noticed crooked seams in a long time -- but have not purchased new jeans, either.

Glad you found some that work for you!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh I hate that when the jean seams shift around after washing!Woman Mad As a seamstress myself, this means one thing...the factory did not cut the fabric on grain. People who sew here know what I'm talking about.  Those jeans are inferior quality. My DG jeans never do that.

@sparklestar,

Glad you found your  "shooting stars". Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Oh I hate that when the jean seams shift around after washing!Woman Mad As a seamstress myself, this means one thing...the factory did not cut the fabric on grain. People who sew here know what I'm talking about.  Those jeans are inferior quality. My DG jeans never do that.

@sparklestar,

Glad you found your  "shooting stars". Woman Very Happy

I'm glad someone understands!  I used to sew also. 

Honored Contributor

I know exactly what you mean @sparklestar and it has nothing to do with them being too tight. 

I once tried on a pair of jeans that I found at TJMaxx.  Once I put them on, I knew why they were deeply discounted at TJMaxx.  The seam down the side of one leg was straight until about the calf area, then it took a bad turn and shifted towards the front of the leg.  It was super obvious on the body. 

I've seen others not as obvious as that but bad enough that it bothered me.  

Honored Contributor

I have never had pants or jeans that twist at the ankle or leg.  I have never had pants that have crooked stitcbing or seams.  I've never experienced that and I've heard any other woman complain about those things.  So, I don't need any German pants...lol

Honored Contributor

The only seams I have seen like that were defects in the way the pants were made. 

Respected Contributor

@sparklestar. I have had that very same problem with jeans...more than once.  It has always been the right leg and the shift forward happens from the knee downward.  I don't purchase jeans that are too tight, so that isn't the problem.