Honored Contributor

Re: What outfit do you wear that you think you look the best in?

@Oznell wrote:

I worked out a uniform over time, that suits my body type the best:

A casual, dark, slightly A line or slim cotton skirt, often denim.

A collared shirt, often in pretty solid colors, French blue, lilac, turqoise etc.

A jean-cut jacket or slightly structured knit cardigan

Tights and boots or flats

Somewhat bold jewelry choices, pendant on long chain or pearl-and-chain mixes of various lengths, layered bracelets, a chunky ring or two.  A bold two-tone steel watch worn loose, bracelet style.

I often love the look of people who dress completely different than I do, but the above is what "feels the most" like me....

@Oznell,We dress a lot except I wear about a 2 1/2 inch boot or sandles with a heel and don't care for flats.  Do you like Ralph Lauren?

Honored Contributor

I look best in my birthday suit, but I can't seem to iron the wrinkles out anymore.

Honored Contributor

Casual-flare jeans or black pants with turtleneck, blazer or faux leather jacket, or feminine blouse

Dressy-These dresses. Mine is plum and black, not white. And the pink one, I have a royal blue and a red one

c8d00f36cf23ae4c99a717b1f13f0aa7.jpg71g94XTOL+L._SL256_.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Oh, yes I do, ECBG, although I don't have anything of his in my closet right now.  I tend to like that Lauren "look" in both clothes and decor...

Respected Contributor

I have a lot of options when it comes to outfits, but i guess if I have a "default" outfit, my black leather skirt suit and heels would be it.

This is me, not a good photo. The stock photo is a lot like it.

Screen shot 2014-09-14 at 7.45.51 PM.pngmyLthrSuit.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

Skinny jeans (is there an echo in here?), skinny sweater with motojacket since I retired.  Back when in worked in the corporate world, I rocked a pencil skirt and heels -- thank goodness those high-heeled days are gone! 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

The 'boho' look I think works well for me. Tunics, oversized sweaters if cold, boho skirts or jeans. As I've gotten older I am more and more uncomfortable with tailored looks. Although obviously if the time and/or place calls for tailored, I am game. 

Specific outfit? Lately a navy and white thin stiped long sleeve top and dark denim slim jeans. 

Honored Contributor

@Nomorebirthdays. I'm with you. My lifestyle is quite casual and so are the places I go in a college town. Add a pr. of boots in winter, sandals/flip flops in spring/summer and I'm all set.

Honored Contributor

@SaRina. Could you split up the suit and wear the jacket w/ contrasting pants or jeans? I recently found the cocktail suit I wore to my daughter's wedding...17 yrs. ago...taupe brocade, but not shiny, more of a knit fabric. I tossed the skirt (don't like skirts or dresses), but wear the jacket (after tailor removed sm. shoulder pads) w/ black slacks and jeans.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree. Same items make up 90% of my closet.