Frequent Contributor

What is up with the dark colors?

First let me say, I love the Q and most of my clothing is purchased from QVC.  But, my goodness, what has happened to all the soft pastel colors for summer.  The tees, etc. are all in dark colors.  I have a lot of clothing from years ago...you can't compare the colors and fabrics to those that are offered today.

Honored Contributor

Re: What is up with the dark colors?

@Southern Classy I noticed that too!  I'm not a very good one to comment because I like bright colorful clothing.

I wear clothes that make me feel happy.  Evidentally, (mabe they're making fun of me...don't care) but I get a lot of compliments on my ummmmm 'colorful' clothes....

Honored Contributor

I noticed that this morning with Isaac's "new" colors being a dark plaid and a burgundy color (or that's what it looked like to me).  Fall colors already, I wondered?

Respected Contributor

@Southern Classy: Not sure which vendor(s) you're talking about, but I've seen several clothing lines offering bright colors (i.e. Denim & Co., Isaac Mizrahi, Quacker Factory, Susan Graver, LOGO,etc.).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Instead of asking why one over the other, and being rigid about certain colors for certain seasons, I ask why we can't have clothes in ranges of colors at any time?

I'm tired of having the reasons for certain colors offered at certain times as "what we used to have" or "what it's supposed to be."

No longer do we have to follow strict rules about pastels only at certain times of year, or darks when it's cold and the days are short.

Why not wear what we want whenever WE want?  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I wear black year -round so dark colors work for me.

Honored Contributor

Everyone doesn't look good in pastels. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I wear light colors for casual occasions but tend to lean to darker colors for more formal events. 

Honored Contributor

I've noticed that since the beginning of spring, many of the Q's hosts and vendors have been saying "You can wear this going into fall." And l'm thinking, what the heck, fall is six months from now. Let's not rush the seasons!

The focus shouldn't be on fall now, but apparently it is.  Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

Everyone doesn't look good in pastels. 

@jaxs mom I totally agree. I for one never wear pastels.  Even my “yellow” tops are the deeper golden/mustard color. 

I must be watching at different times than the OP because all I see are designers with their typical seasonal pastels for the last few months.  I wished they would also bring in as many deeper colors.

The Logo by Lori Goldstein line has the best assortment of colors to me.  I just don’t purchase many of her items, but I am always in love with her solid color choices.