Esteemed Contributor

What is this "Soft Stretch" Denim? TSV?

I've only seen one presentation of the TSV.  What is the "soft stretch" fabric?  Is it a denim that's lined in knit?  The lining is black.   Is the outer fabric a denim or a twill?   Honestly, it's hard to tell from the presentation and they talked more about inseams and shape than they did the fabric.

I look better in a stovepipe, straight-leg jean than a bootcut, so I'm interested.  Seems like all I can find in the local stores are bootcut these days.   I'm interested in the fit of the jeans, but don't understand what the fabric is.

Can anyone here help?

Thank you.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Re: What is this "Soft Stretch" Denim? TSV?

@tototwo wrote:

I've only seen one presentation of the TSV.  What is the "soft stretch" fabric?  Is it a denim that's lined in knit?  The lining is black.   Is the outer fabric a denim or a twill?   Honestly, it's hard to tell from the presentation and they talked more about inseams and shape than they did the fabric.

I look better in a stovepipe, straight-leg jean than a bootcut, so I'm interested.  Seems like all I can find in the local stores are bootcut these days.   I'm interested in the fit of the jeans, but don't understand what the fabric is.

Can anyone here help?

Thank you.

I agree... not enough info on the fabric!  I'm also scratching my head trying to figure it out. Is it really a "new" fabric??  I also hope it's not a lint magnet like some of the other Q denim pants.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, ciao-bella.   Apparently, you and I aren't the only ones perplexed by this fabric since no one else has responded. 

Smiley Happy

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I'm interested, too, but there are no belt loops.   I find with stretch jeans the waist often streches out and I need to use a belt to keep them up.  So I'm concerned about the lack of belt loops.  I think I'd better wait for others to try them and read their reviews.

Respected Contributor

I know I am in the minority, but I hate all the stetch in jeans! 

Esteemed Contributor

I only speculating, but the TSV fabric sounds like the Quacker Factory Dream Jeannes fabric to me.  

Esteemed Contributor

I hadn't thought about the waist band stretching out - that's a good point, nomless! 

Martha Stewardess, I wore the old thick, unmovable denim Levi stovepipe jeans (510's? 501's?) for 20 years.  It took me a long time to get used to stretchy jeans, but now I like them.   But, if these TSV's are lined in a knit, I'm not interested.

- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I hadn't thought about the waist band stretching out - that's a good point, nomless! 

Martha Stewardess, I wore the old thick, unmovable denim Levi stovepipe jeans (510's? 501's?) for 20 years.  It took me a long time to get used to stretchy jeans, but now I like them.   But, if these TSV's are lined in a knit, I'm not interested.

I love my old Levis.  I'm glad I can still fit into them, lol,  and they last forever.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Reply to Trix--

I had the same thought.

A knockoff of Dream Jeannes fabric?

Respected Contributor

@abbysmoma wrote:

Reply to Trix--

I had the same thought.

A knockoff of Dream Jeannes fabric?

I think their "How Comfy" line is the Dream Jeannes equivalent (knit french terry).