Esteemed Contributor

Re: What has happened to UPS?

On 2/8/2014 Hildegarde Withers said:
On 2/6/2014 NYC Susan said:

I've had many problems with UPS, but in my case it's nothing new. This goes back years.

I can't tell you how many times I came home from work to find a slip for me to sign stuck to my door - which I then signed - only to get another one the next day - followed by a "3rd and final attempt" - followed by my package being sent back even though I signed the slip and left it taped to the door every single time.

I've even received, "3rd and final attempt" on my first notice. Repeated calls to my local UPS office did nothing. I begged retailers not to send anything to me via UPS because I knew that actually receiving it would be a huge problem.

I can't understand why you're having so many problems...and I don't understand why they would even want to make more work for themselves by making more than one delivery attempt. Could the problems be because you're not home to sign for your packages?

That slip is just to let you know that they had tried to deliver your package, but no one was home to sign for it.

I haven't had a problem in awhile - partly because I rarely have things delivered via UPS anymore.

And no, you're mistaken. The slips were left specifically for me to sign so the packages could be left. I can certainly tell the difference between one that requests a signature and one that says a package has to be signed for in person. I'm very familiar with these slips, and used them many times for years before I started having problems. They specifically said that they could leave the package if I signed, and UPS confirmed that each and every time I called. Over and over and over, I would sign the slips (as requested), stick them to the door (using my own tape in addition to the adhesive), and the next day an identical slip would be there again once again requesting a signature. Lather, rinse, repeat. Except of course for the times I got "3rd & final attempt" on the first slip!

And yes, sometimes packages cannot be left. I've received those slips too, and they state that very clearly. That was the not in the case in the instances I was referring to in my post. Kiss

Trusted Contributor

Re: What has happened to UPS?

On 2/6/2014 kachina624 said: I've noticed that there is no tracking on many of my Q UPS orders. I guess you can't complain if you don't know where your package is.
I agree, I had thought it was only here in MA that was going on with no updates since before Christmas ! Seriously I understand a day delay, two tops due to a major storm but get the computer system updated so we know ...