Valued Contributor

Re: What do you think of this top?

Looks like aluminum foil. A no go for me.

Honored Contributor

It is not for me! But I think it would look better with a gray turtle neck with long sleeves. Maybe over a black maxi dressThe top is cute, but I think it needs a monochromatic base. JMHO I love the fabric,

To me it screams 1950, 1960's. Maybe worn alone with a slim skirt with a wide belt? I agree with gooday. I do not care for it with that shirt at all. The chambray shirt does not go, color wise or texture wise

Frequent Contributor

Hold on! Perfect match to my Tin Foil Hat

Trusted Contributor

On 11/14/2014 Bird mama said:

There was a denim & co sweater that was often compared to Reynolds wrap or a cookie sheet.

Denim & Co. Foil Print Sweater with Hi-Low Hem

That said, there was something about it that appealed to me in some way, just like the little top featured in the original post.

I don't know that I would have chosen to pair the crop top with denim, but I can see the allure.

Oh, dear. I am trying to imagine this oversized, long, baggy, textured, silver-shiny sweater on my body.........and the picture isn't pretty. I am seeing a big, bulky, silvery cylinder. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Respected Contributor

On 11/13/2014 i like celery said:

At Piperlime. I like how it's styled.

fabric & care
  • Hand wash or dry clean.
overview
  • Sister Jane Odyssey Top
  • Short sleeve styling
  • Rounded neckline
  • Cropped fit
  • Textured metallic fabrication
  • Hidden back zipper
  • Imported
fit & sizing
  • Model is 5'9, wearing a size S

Really? Why? Nothing about this appeals to me. It looks like something someone who is trying to be stylish puts on. It's so not stylish at allSmiley Sad(((((((

Honored Contributor

I think I just got this out of the oven. LOL Sorry, but I couldn't help myself. Actually, I'd prefer a cap sleeve and my young niece would probably love it.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Very different but I don't like it with that blouse. I would rather see it with a white or light gray long sleeve sweater like a cashmere but it doesn't have to be cashmere but that thickness. I like it so go ahead and rock it! Since a sweater does not have a collar, I would twist a scarf around the neck too.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

On 11/16/2014 Skylands said:
On 11/13/2014 i like celery said:

At Piperlime. I like how it's styled.

fabric & care
<ul style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; list-style-position: initial; list-style-image: initial; font-size: 10px; color: #666666; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 12px;"> <li style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px;">Hand wash or dry clean.</li> </ul>
overview
<ul style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; list-style-position: initial; list-style-image: initial; font-size: 10px; color: #666666; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 12px;"> <li style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px;">Sister Jane Odyssey Top</li> <li style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px;">Short sleeve styling</li> <li style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px;">Rounded neckline</li> <li style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px;">Cropped fit</li> <li style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px;">Textured metallic fabrication</li> <li style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px;">Hidden back zipper</li> <li style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px;">Imported</li> </ul>
fit & sizing
<ul style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; list-style-position: initial; list-style-image: initial; font-size: 10px; color: #666666; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 12px;"> <li style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px;">Model is 5'9, wearing a size S</li> </ul>

Really? Why? Nothing about this appeals to me. It looks like something someone who is trying to be stylish puts on. It's so not stylish at allSmiley Sad(((((((

skylands? isn't that just your opinion????

Honored Contributor

It reminds me of crumbled aluminum foil. Sorry.

Respected Contributor

It's taking recycling just a bit too far.