Frequent Contributor

What brand and style of white slacks might work for plus size woman?

I have never worn white slacks or crops, but would like to in the warm sunny days.  I need petite or short length, but plus size.  I would obviously wear a top that provides some coverage, but I can't cover my legs.  Would appreciate your suggestions and thoughts.
Honored Contributor

Re: What brand and style of white slacks might work for plus size woman?

@hari I'd recommend Denim & Co. A51961, which is a woven twill pant with pockets available in petite sizing. This pant has been my summer staple for the past 20 years.  I have many, many colors.  It's also available as a Capri and crop pant.   This fabric is not see-through. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Talbot's has at least 12 different white pants in white all available in their Plus Petite size range.  EVerything from white jeans, to chinos, to crop pants.  Check out the web site offerings by clicking on woman plus at the top of the home page and then select Petite plus from the drop down box.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that Talbots is very good. Also, I just received a pair of the crop pants that were just recently a TSV from Susan Graver. They are excellent! I was surprised at how how much I like them. The fabric and fit are superb! (They were the ultra stretch crops.)

Honored Contributor

@hari

Land's End has two pair in petite plus that might work for you-

Item #474566AH3

They will hem them to your desired inseam for free.

Item #474516AH5

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

For hot days I like to wear as much cotton in  pants or crops as possible.

Also a pull - on just for the sheer comfort of it.  White pants gives any top a cool, crisp clean look. Also an ankle pant and no flares gives it a more youthful, updated and sleek look.

Respected Contributor

I'm a huge fan of Isaac Mizrahi 24/7 pants.
Honored Contributor

I do not care to wear white slacks. Wore them for many years to work and I am done w/them. I am not sure I even own any.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RollTideRoll2008 wrote:
I'm a huge fan of Isaac Mizrahi 24/7 pants.

Agreed, his pants are actually pretty decent. True to size and petite truly is petite, they do not turn into a cropped pant when sitting down and not having to push them up at the ankles slightly (I am 5' 3.5"). I am not a fan of the zippers at the ankles, though, that his newer ones have, but that is just personal preference.

I do have a pair of his in (Winter) White and they are not like some White pants that are thin and you can see underwear lines through, and many of his pants contain cotton, which,  as another poster noted, is nice for summer.

Honored Contributor

@hari

Thank you for this thread because you created a very happy accident.

I was going to recommend these indigo thread co 722-867

itc capri.jpg

because I already own them and they're great. They're now on clearance for $9.97! Unfortunately they're down to only sizes 8 and 12  in the white.

The other choice is a vintage wash and the only size left is a 6! Woo hoo! I snatched it up!

Thank you

Woman Very Happy