Honored Contributor

What Things In Shopping Annoy You To NO END?!!!!!

I hate when other veneors have an item on sale to clear it out and Q has it at the origonal price!

This has happened often with shoes!

Respected Contributor

Re: What Things In Shopping Annoy You To NO END?!!!!!

i hate messy stores that have merchandise thrown all over.  i also don't like hunting for sales help.  i don't want to give my business to someone who won't hire people to help me.  i can handle the aggressive salesperson, just fine.  when i have a question, etc. i want someone there. 

Esteemed Contributor

I hate the high shelves and the merchandise too far back to reach...I am 5'1 and I have had to do without because there is never any help to get the product for me....unless I am lucky enough to see a tall man or woman, who are shopping, that will get it for me....

Esteemed Contributor

I hate long lineups at the checkout and really resent it when the sales associate is holding up the transactions due to them trying to get the customer to sign up for their store credit card.

Trusted Contributor

When the size on the hanger is not the same as the garment's size.  After ending up in the dressing room with the wrong size, I've learned to check the garment first.

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

I hate it when pants are on the rack according to their numerical sizes with talls, average and petite lengths all together.

i wear petite length pants and prefer that they be separated  so I don't have to dig and look at every pair to find my size.

I also don't like when the sales tags are tucked into the garment and I have to fish them out to read the fabric content and size.

i prefer to shop online for these reasons.

Respected Contributor

It is usually the people that work there. Either they just do not give a hoot or just don't know a thing - sometimes it is really hard to tell which one it is... half the time it is probably both! 

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

I hate messy stores with merchandise falling off hangers onto the floor and shelves with everything in a messy pile.  I also hate having to search all over for someone to ring me out.  Macy's are you listening?

Esteemed Contributor

Sales associates that act like they are doing you a favor by waiting on you...

Honored Contributor

The worst thing is running all over the store hunting for someone to check you out!  Ridiculous!  No wonder people have stopped shopping in REAL stores.  They wonder why sales have fallen and people don't shop.  This is my biggest peeve!!!!!

Then, it's once you get there, customers who are not ready with their items, their cards, can't find their coupons, or are fussing about their coupons, and then they want to gab and gab and gab or complain and complain and complain.  Or while the clerk is trying to wait on them, they are still blabbing away on their phone.  Don't get me wrong -- nothing wrong with exchanging pleasantries -- but when you have people lined up at the register --- so rude --- consider others for once!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin