Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wanted: Jeans made of lighter material for warmer months - suggestions?

I have a nice pair of Jordache high rise ankle skinny jeans in the chambray blue color from Walmart. Just an FYI that the chambray blue denim is that superstretch fabric and the size 16 is too big on me. Washing it in hot water and drying in on a high heat didn't shrink them either. So today I bought a size 14 in them as I do like them because they are light weight fabric and they have a higher rise front and back.

I also own this style in the black denim in a size 16 and they fit a lot tighter and the material isn't as stretchy as the chambray ones. I suggest trying them on in store and try on several pairs.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Almost all long pants are too warm for me in the middle of summer, but I came on specifically to mention Jordache jeans at Walmart, and see they were mentioned right before me.  So I'll second that suggestion.  Mine are lightweight, stretchy, a beautiful shade of indigo that is a brighter blue than other indigos.  I've had mine a couple of years and saw recently they had them in stock again, but then gone.  I do wish I'd got a second pair.  They are so comfortable.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

These look nice!  Thank you --- will check them out!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I am at Walmart pretty regularly for grocery and essentials so I will mosey over and see if they have the jeans which many have suggested here.

Thanks, everyone.  I appreciate the suggestions!

Honored Contributor

Progress Report:

I found this really cute pair of crop jeans at Marshall's yesterday!  So excited!  I haven't tried them on yet so I guess I better not get too excited.  LOL!  I don't even remember the name of the brand but they are a very thin denim like material and are a lighter wash -- kind of a medium blue --- and have like 3 metal buttons at the herm.  And they were on clearance --- $14.99!!!  I sure hope they fit!!!  If so, then my hunt will be over!!!!