Honored Contributor

Wanted: Jeans made of lighter material for warmer months - suggestions?

For those who are like me and  still like to wear jeans -- regular ones, crop jeans, etc. for the warm weather months, do you have any suggestions for ones which are lighter in fabric and feel?

I find that most jeans feel stiff, heavy and too hot for the heat and would like to know if you have found brands and styles --- QVC and otherwise --- which are cooler and more comfortable??

I have this one pair of old, , stretchy, very straight long jeans which I bought eons ago from Sears in the junionr department -- they were Bongo --- and they were very light and thin and so comfortable.  I wore them to death and they have about had it.  

Thanks!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Wanted: Jeans made of lighter material for warmer months - suggestions?

@AngelPuppy1, I know what you mean. The best I can suggest is a pant made of gauze. I'm changing for myself the way I will be buying jean type pants here on out. Not going to gauze per say, but, the way they are made.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

Daily deal, this a.m., $19.99-

Women's Sunwashed Chambray Pants
Item #: TK293923

Product Details

Lightweight chambray pants that keep you cool in warm weather.

Classic Fit
Size & Fit
  • Classic Fit: Sits at the waist.
  • Slightly fitted through hip and thigh.
  • Inseams: Misses' 30", Petite 28", Medium Tall 32", Women's 30".

Fabric & Care
  • 100% cotton chambray washed for extra softness.
  • Machine wash cold with like colors, tumble dry low.
Additional Features
  • Updated drawstring waistband offers comfort and an even more flattering look.
  • Available in numeric sizes 4 to 20 so you can find just the right size.
  • Front and back patch pockets.
  • Imported.

Valued Contributor

I have had good luck with a.n.a. brand at JC Penneys.  I just bought a skinny pair in a nice weight--soft, not stiff at all.  They had them in several other styles---crop, bootcut at least, I think.  They were on sale and with coupon about $25.

KK

Respected Contributor

I bought a pair of jeans on Evine that were very lightweight - I got two colors and wish I had bought more, but they are no longer made - I have worn them out practically.  I just bought a pair of levi jeans on Walmart.com.  I love how they fit, but they are a heavier weight material, good for fall and winter. 

Honored Contributor

some of the washed worn ones are lighter.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree 100% !  I have one pair of really really old Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans in a thin, soft light blue denim that I get out every summer.  I wore them yesterday, as a matter of fact -- too stained to wear in public.  Every spring I search for more of them and they are not available anymore. 

What I do buy are jeans in pastel colors and white.  Lots of white.  I guess the stiffness of the denim doesn't bother me as much as the color. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I love tencel for summer jeans. Iman's "look of denim" jeans are tencel & on sale right now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also scored a pair of like-new Pendleton jeans made of tencel at Goodwill recently. I had to go & check the brand. They are nice, zip front, no waistband, just two front pockets.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you want something you can buy at QVC these (denim leggings) are AMAZING! They are lightweight and I have them in every color. Now only TWO of them are actual denim material (dark and med colors) so know that first.

And don't be scared that these are a skin tight legging, THEY ARE NOT! They are just SO comfortable and just not a heavy material. I am a 1X and they fit me perfectly the way I like a jean to. A little loose around the whole leg but not droopy in any way.

Good luck to you.

CAH