Esteemed Contributor

Mine is a casual lifestyle, for the most part. I see no reason to spend tons of $ on my summer wardrobe. Tees capris, etc. are items I always source at the big box stores first. Comfort first in the hot weather, as well as items that will wash and dry well and often. The exception for me is sandals. My feet can't deal with cheap footwear. I buy the good stuff on sale. 

Now that I have stocked up on tees, I should need nothing else to add to my already too large summer wardrobe.

Esteemed Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

Did you take your regular size? Or do you size up?

I bought my regular size. They are a midrise just,not mom nor buttcrack.lol

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Mine is a casual lifestyle, for the most part. I see no reason to spend tons of $ on my summer wardrobe. Tees capris, etc. are items I always source at the big box stores first. Comfort first in the hot weather, as well as items that will wash and dry well and often. The exception for me is sandals. My feet can't deal with cheap footwear. I buy the good stuff on sale. 

Now that I have stocked up on tees, I should need nothing else to add to my already too large summer wardrobe.

@queendiva

I'm glad you mentioned Faded Glory. I was going to post about that brand here, since we're talking about clothing found at Walmart. I bought several cotton tank tops last year, just for wearing when DH and I go for walks and some light weight/mat work afterwards. I was thinking they'd be throwaway tanks, given that I only paid $4 something for them. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they washed and dried, not shrinking or coming out all twisted! I decided since those worked out so well, I'd order a couple of tank-style maxis (which got good reviews online) and they were a great buy also! I bought two at $9 each! I wear them to work with a shrug (also Faded Glory), a statement necklace and some wedges and have gotten lots of compliments! Who knew such a low-priced brand could turn out such decent quality items? Like you, I should go out and buy some great shoes with all the money I'm saving! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

My daughter buys a lot of clothing at Walmart. Some of their items look like cheap junk, but if you're selective, there are indeed some nice things. For example, she got three Faded Glory tee shirt dresses that are great (fairly substantial fabric and well-constructed) for about $10 each. She isn't so worried about brand names and has several variations of Danskin cropped leggings/leggings/pants, and they have all worn very well. And some of the tees she gets at Walmart you would never guess unless you looked at the labels inside.

Respected Contributor

Target also has some great buys. Especially on sport bras and tees. 

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Stopped into Walmart on Friday. Bought a Faded Glory tee. Some combination of cotton/modal/3% span. Hi/lo hem. Tried it on at home, then ordered one in every color, plus another in white. $7.50 each. Would have been at least $30.00 each here, plus shipping. Very light and cool. Washed up great.

Liking your description @queendiva! I'll be heading there this week!

Honored Contributor
My husband had good luck with a Faded Glory jeans from Walmart that he purchased for work. I took my chance on name brand name underwear, it was Fruit of the Loom or Hanes I forget which, they were pretty awful but it wasn't like I spend a lot of money. I found Lee Capri's at BJ's and I picked up three pairs. I found DKNY Bermuda shorts at Costco and have 3 pairs of those as well
Respected Contributor

I am going to have to check these out. I live in capris all Summer. I don't understand why so many people put down Walmart. Not everything may be great, but I have done well there.

Valued Contributor

I did go to Walmart to look for the capris, but the smallest size they had was a 6, and they were too big. I did get some of the Faded Glory t shirts, one was $5.84, and two were $3.00! They were not as long as those sold on QVC, but the fabric was soft, had some rayon in them, and the 'pricier' one even had some linen in it. They looked very much like the slub knit that is shown on and on here on QVC.

I looked online for more capris, but 6 is the smallest size. Bummer. 

Respected Contributor

Every time I see Faded Glory in Walmart...I chuckle to myself..At one time when I was in high school that brand was a expensive brand - like Jordache and Sassoon..along with Sweet Orr ..Levis and Lees..

I remember when my son was younger..Starter was a brand name that only certain stores carried and just the t's were expensive back then.