Honored Contributor

Why do they carry on about a waffle knit like it's some new discovery. It's still just waffle knit no matter what "designer" brought it to Q.  I have many mostly old .  You can walk into any American Eagle, Gap, etc store and buy one just as soft and comfortable for less.

Honored Contributor

I think of it as being mostly a thermal underwear fabric.  Very utilitarian.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

same reason they go on about how Model it's Modal is sooo expensive.

I like a thermal knit as much as anyone but it's not new to clothing

Honored Contributor

Maybe I've been buying the wrong waffle knit.  The kind I have, after just one wash, always looks so well-worn that I only wear it inside my apartment.  Waffle knit is my inside-only clothes.  It never looks polished again, once worn.  No waffle knit for me.

Super Contributor

I was JUST wondering the other day if waffle knit had changed over the years since it seems like it is a "new" trend.  I refuse to buy it--- only becuase way back in the day I bought my clothes at KMart or Big K----most of it was waffle knit and it was just cheap looking and cheap quality.  Thanks for posting!

Respected Contributor

Waffle knit is just ok. It's kind of pajama-y to me. I have a couple of pieces that I may wear layerd under a vest.

Are we talking about the Candace Cameron Bure top? That was so not special and they kept carrying on about it like it was. It looked really thin and flimsy. I changed the channel because I got bored.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

waffle knit is thermal underwear, and ugly for a reason. It has no memory, in other words it bags and sags, and the only way to revive it is to wash it and throw it in the dryer where it proceeds to shrink to about its size. 

Respected Contributor

I have a henley waffle knit top I bought at JCP about six years ago.  It's from the St John's Bay line, It hasn't stretched or shrunk at all. 

Honored Contributor

The worst waffle knit I've seen in recent years was the Logo TSV last month.  It was so thin and cheesy you could read a newspaper through it.  To complete the cheap look, she left raw edges to stretch and fray.  It looked worn after several hours of wear with no laundering.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Agree, that I've worn  cotton waffle knit  as a layerng piece under  casual flannel shirts when gardening, hiking  or  engaging in other outdoor activities .

I don't see much new , other than the  open  v neck which is not really  not a new design