Esteemed Contributor

Wow!  Is it just me??????

Just checked main page which shows what's just been on air.  Saw cute top - D&C Sport - so checked it out.  A separate purchase offered matching leggings (A269038/40).  Though my size was unavailable for one and waitlisted for other, I put them in my cart 'cause I could not believe the price point - a whopping $85.22.  Both were at a QVC 'featured price'.Woman Surprised

I know everything is much more expensive lately, I'm just shocked that D&C, the Q's in-house brand which has always been reasonably priced is now so unreasonably priced imho.Woman Sad

So, I'm wondering, is it me? am I expecting too much value from the Q?  have I not kept in focus with the price of goods nowadays?  How does everyone feel in this regard?Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

No @eddyandme it is not you.  I think the prices in all of the very few lines left here are way over the top for what they are.  Honestly I cannot afford to shop here anymore - and I don't.  If I do, I go to the 'as is' line, last clicks, and clearance.  If I can't find what I may be specifically looking for, I move along.  I cannot afford nor do I care to spend $70, $80, $90+ for just 2 items - or one in the case of Logo, IM.

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme  It isn't just you.  I have stopped ordering Q's clothing except the random Lunchtime Special.  I refuse to pay to try something on.  I recently went to JC Penneys.  They were having a customer appreciation day.  I purchased 6 boho type tops and 2 pairs of jeans.......$80.00!  Their quality is as good D & C, Susan Graver, etc.  SG's tops are polyester that end up being $60 to $70 with S & H.  I refuse to pay that when I can buy the same type/quality at TJ MaXX or Marshall's.

I don't like to feel ripped off, so I won't buy clothing here.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I agree with all the comments.  I sometimes wonder what the income is of people who do most of their shopping at the Q.  There are so much better values/quality to be found elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs

Agreed.  Think I'll go back to Old Navy and Target for my "bang-around" clothes, the everyday things that between housework, yardwork and just cuddling with my Eddy who loves to give me plenty of snuggles with a dirty ball in his mouth,  I seem to get 'dirty' as soon as I put them on!  Certainly can't justify an $85 pricetag.  And, you'r soooo right - quite a costly proposition just to try on with return shipping!

Esteemed Contributor

@castlenv wrote:

I agree with all the comments.  I sometimes wonder what the income is of people who do most of their shopping at the Q.  There are so much better values/quality to be found elsewhere.

@kaydee50

They're selling like hotcakes!  Also checked a poncho sweater they recently had on and it's sold out in my size!  Guess many can afford the new higher prices.  I'm in your boat. can't/won't spend that much on my stuff.

Honored Contributor

I believe a P&L statement referenced by one of our more educated business posters said fashion was down about 3%.  I think that is why prices are going up, to boost total volume.  Well, zero percent of zero sales is zero, in my case.  My casual purchases have gone to Evine, much better price points. 

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme

the prices are high; but don't forget that the quality rivals 'couture' and 'boutique' garments!

Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs Re your sig... yes, I've thought a great deal about it.  In fact, I have a sig in email that says, "Eternity: your choice!  Smoking or non smoking."  Jesus Christ saved my soul, so my eternity is secured in Heaven with Him.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Valued Contributor

Goldenlocks, I guess we're paying for all of Gary's "IDEA" trips to Europe so he can make us look good!!!

He and Susan Graver always mention that they take these trips for inspiraton.

Someone has to do it!!!!!  Just wish I didn't have to pay for them in the end.

Can you imagine Gary's expense account!!