Super Contributor

Re: Update: Clothes addiction and the 90 day challenge

Recovering Shopaholic is a good place to start.

Respected Contributor

Do you mean on the Q forum? It seemed more like a chat. I need something serious.

Valued Contributor

On 10/17/2014 ssssgirl said:

I have been trying to do that. I am a clothes, handbag and a beauty addict. HONESTLY, if I never bought another article of clothing, make-up, handbags or shower gel until the day I die (and I am 54, so even if I live to be 100) I will STILL have plenty to pass to my daughter and grand daughter. It is ridiculous. I wear scrubs to work, so I have had beautiful clothes hanging in my closet sometimes for more than a yr before I wear them. I have been making a conscous effort to NOT spend. And before the critique starts. YES, I PAY my bills, NO, I do NOT have credit card debt, YES I put away to save, YES, have a healthy retirement plan, YES, I give to charities. NO, hubby is no help, he says "if you want it, get it" YES We make plenty to cover my shopping habit (hubby is just as bad with high end guitars and music equiptment) I just have relized I do NOT NEED anything else. I think part of it is age, and part of it is the relization that enough IS enough IS ENOUGH!!

(maybe I am trying to make up for when I was a broke single mom and could afford nothing, subconscously, storing the nuts so I never run out{#emotions_dlg.biggrin})

Great post! Smiley Happy and yes, some events from your past definitely affect your present/future.... I was a poor student and couldn't afford anything.....so I'm over-compensating for it now.....but this "madness" has to stop..... I just need to avoid QVC, and make it my goal to save up for something else, instead..... And all of your points apply to me. Except I don't have a DH or a H for that matter. Lol. But I do need the $$$ for my landscaping! Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

OP, great goal. I am trying the same trick and it's hard....lol. need to switch the channel and/or keep myself busy with other stuff, like reading books, for instance....