Valued Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@jazzbabe wrote:

@winamac1, I guess I have been lucky in that the Uggs I have purchased at the rack were styles that were currently selling at Nordstrom for full price therefore I feel like I got a good deal.

That's great jazzbabe.  The one in my town really never has anything I've seen at the regular Nordstroms.  I'm glad you've found some great deals! Smiley Wink

Winamac, I agree that it depends on the store.  I have been to some Racks that have merchandise that clearly came from the regular Nordstrom. Unfortunately the Rack that is closest to me, which just opened several months ago, seems to mainly have clothes that appear to have been made for the Rack. 

Esteemed Contributor

I wish I had either a Nordstrom or a Rack that didn't require a 4-hour road trip to visit. So I wind up shopping Nordie or HauteLook online. Woman Mad

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Uggs at Nordstrom Rack

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

Wow! 260 choices on HauteLook dot com. I would have bought three, not one available in my Size 7. Woman Frustrated

consider yourself lucky.sheep are cruely skinned alive  to make these boots. But fake ones cheeper and no cruelty involved and you cannot tell the difference.

(I owned these real ones too,many yrs ago before I knew)

From Snopes:

We have pretty much explained where the skins come from and we would leave this alone except for all the UGG Australia boot lovers who seem to think that UGGS (generic term) are made of shorn wool like that beautiful sweater your Grandma knitted for you. Fact, sheep are raised primarily for food. Fact, sheepskins/shearlings are a by-product of the food/meat industry although there is a discussion happening over whether or not "co-product" is a more applicable term. Any true leather is animal skin. For years pig skins were tossed in the dumps until someone figured out a way to turn them into a real fine leather. Fact, UGG type sheepskin boots, any make, are not simply wool sheared from the sheep no matter what people believe. The skins we use are not like Mink, raised only for the value of the skin. To the best of our knowledge, only Persian Lamb or Broadtail Lamb is a "fur" (raised for the value of the skin) and we do not use either.

UGG Australia's Facebook response to a recent (November 2013) outbreak of controversy over this issue was to deny that the company raised its own sheep and to point readers to a web link asserting that "the factories which manufacture our products are fair and safe places to work":

UGG Australia does not own or raise sheep. We have a comprehensive Ethical Supply Chain program, which you can find here: http://www.deckers.com/company/corporate-responsibility/fair-and-safe-factories. Deckers monitors our factory partners' adherence to the Code of Conduct on a regular basis, and has in place a firm audit and mediation policy on suppliers covering materials, environmental and workers' rights impacts.

The "animal rights" sub-section of UGG Australia's "Fair and Safe Factories" page states (in its entirety) that the company does not use material obtained from sheep that have been "mulesed" (a process involving the removal of strips of wool-bearing skin from around a sheep' buttocks to prevent parasitic infestations by fly larvae):

Deckers does not support the practice of mulesing. We require all of our suppliers to confirm that they do not supply any materials or products to Deckers from sheep which have been mulesed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want to believe this "round about, skirting the issue," statement ,go ahead.I saw a video of the poor sheep being skinned alive,with a knife ,so untill they prove otherwise to me......NO UGGS!!!! 

Actually I would post that video here,but they will not allow me to post it.