Respected Contributor

Re: Turtleneck + Button Down + Blazer

[ Edited ]

@queendiva This layering is exactly the way I dress in the colder months.  So @ALRATIBA  @fancy pantsy and I should get acquainted.  

@Greeneyedlady21   That is a wonderful blazer.  I like the classic styling.  On Saturday I just ordered a 100% silk vintage woman's hacking jacket to add to my colder weather wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

Too many layers for me. I would overheat & feel restricted in my movements. Ditch the button down, and I would wear a turtleneck & blazer together. 

Honored Contributor

I don't care for the pink with blue with the green with the plaid.  Too many different colors together for me.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

That would work perfectly.  I don't think the blue was a good color choice here.

Honored Contributor

Very classic Ralph Lauren looking outfit but I would not put those colors together

Honored Contributor

I have a few sleeveless turtle neck and mock turtle neck sweaters,  I use them to layer under cardigans and blazers.  You get the look without the bulk.

I have full arms and could never get all those layers in my sleeves, but like the layered look.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Too much for me.  I'd probably feel like I couldn't wait to take it off at the end of the day.

Each piece alone would be my choice.

Well, probably a tank or t under the jacket.

Unless I was going on a hot date.

Cat Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm not crazy about the plaid in this jacket.  The turtleneck is a pretty color pink and I like it with the blue work shirt, but I think when its all bundled up together its too much of a mish mash for my taste.  I do like J Crew and I think I have that blue chambray work shirt.  The tissue turtlenecks are quite thin and make a nice layer under other things.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Personally I love this classic look. I'd do this, I've done this.

What I won't and don't do is spend $230+ for my blazers however - just isn't necessary to get this classic look.

Honored Contributor

That's a very old look from way back in the day.  They are trying to bring back the office look from past decades.  In my mind, I think of it as a Catherine Hepburn look.    My friend calls it the "Elaine from Seinfeld" look with the big blazers and wide leg pants.  No, I would never wear a turtleneck under a button down and it's not about adding bulk, I don't think there is any bulk because the turtlenecks are thin.  I just don't like the look.