Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone ever done this? Can you see the potential of some of her things if they are just redesigned to suit you?

I trimmed a [relatively] narrow double ruffle off of one of her straight hems. Ah, that's better!! Smiley Happy

Otherwise, it just hung in my closet.

Respected Contributor

It would take a whole lot of redesigning.  I don't know where she thinks it's attractive for women to wear ruffles on their hips.

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal

Yes, I agree!

In this piece the ruffles fell way below my hips, but still...

She needs to re-think all that gathering with her mixed fabric extensions. I have a piece (not hers) that is so pretty because the extension on the bottom has no gathers a'tall.

Respected Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@hoosieroriginal

Yes, I agree!

In this piece the ruffles fell way below my hips, but still...

She needs to re-think all that gathering with her mixed fabric extensions. I have a piece (not hers) that is so pretty because the extension on the bottom has no gathers a'tall.

@Harpa - I agree- there is a difference between ruffles and layers - like Marla Wynne has layers to her tops,but they are not childish looking.

Respected Contributor

It's a good thing she does not make them and inch or more shorter; otherwise I'd be buying more than I need.  The couple I do have are too long ... yes, hanging in my closet.  I was wearing them until one day I was in the mall and  a little girl said "look Mommy, it's a ballerina."  Oh my!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have seen a few LOGO tops that were cute except for all that "business" at the bottom - and considered doing some excess 'snipping'  But then.....considering the price (high) - why take on another job when I have things I want to do - have to do......NAW, it isn't worth it!

Honored Contributor

I would never in a million years let a stranger's child in a mall influence what I wear! 

Esteemed Contributor

Child or adult........remarks............I would - pack it up for goodwill.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Child or adult........remarks............I would - pack it up for goodwill.

@fthunt  Not me.  I dress to please myself.  

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

Has anyone ever done this? Can you see the potential of some of her things if they are just redesigned to suit you?

I trimmed a [relatively] narrow double ruffle off of one of her straight hems. Ah, that's better!! Smiley Happy

Otherwise, it just hung in my closet.

I haven't done this but I've thought about it.  

There is a hoodie that I think is pretty but I'm unsure about the dark lace at the bottom.  I was reading the reviews and one said that she trimmed it off and for her it's now perfect!

A27330 .  I can see how it could work for many.

I need to lose some weight and have an apple shaped figure.  I wear a large and sometimes a medium in her line.  I'm also short so many of her tops are either too clingly ...the poly-span ....but I've discovered her vests!  Or some tops & cardigans have too much fabric with lots of folds either in the front or ruffles on the bottom for me.  I think a lot of these looks can add visual pounds to those who don't need it.

On the other hand what I do LOVE about Logo is that Lori really does the different and unique.  If I choose carefully I can get some really cute unique pieces that are also very comfortable and look good on!  While I may wear a tank under a top sometimes, I don't layer the way that she does with muliple layers which is what I think turns a lot off...it can be a bit much at times.

So for me multiple ruffles on the bottoms of tops is usually not a good look.  If trimming works for you and doesn't destroy it then I say go fo it!  After all Lori said that she did the same thing as a kid.  She would cut up pieces and make her own looks.