Respected Contributor

Re: Trends I'm staying away from...how about you?

Distressed boyfriend jeans (esp. with Converse shoes)

Cold shoulder

Fringe

Super thin thong flat sandals

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

Anything with any kind of military influence in the style.  I won't even wear a peacoat.  

Super Contributor

I have decided to stay clear of most trends. I just did a major purge over the past two years. I sold on ebay, Thread Up and donated. So many trends went out. I love Jennifer Scotts approach to a wardrobe although I am not down to 10 items. I did buy the black Linea trench coat which I love. I plan to stay stramlined with Garnet Hill dresses , some Talbot items and a bit of Boden. I love my Sam Edleman ballet flats but I am in the market for a new pair. Also, I really have grown to like Talbots jeans. For handbags I like my black Longchamp and and a recent Coach Legacy Anniversary handbag I purchased on Ebay. The leather and lining is so much nicer than most handbags made today and it was in almost new condition for a fraction of the original price. So I guess I am embracing the simplicity trend.

Floral Pillow
Honored Contributor

I noticed a lot of people dislike fringe.  I do to. On Evine & HSN they seem to show a lot of it.  I really hate it when it sprouts out from the back of shoes!   It drives me crazy seeing it on jackets!  I guess was never in to Westerns

Trusted Contributor

I still cannot understand how anyone could spent that high price money on that logo items.They look like rags when on.I noticed some models even look  like they donot like what they have on.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cold shoulders

Any leather clothing/shoes/bags/accessories - I go faux

Dusters

Asymmetric hems

Most fringe -its ok in small amounts on a handbag

Wide leg pants

Boyfriend shirts

Chunky jewelry

Honored Contributor

No faux leather or wool. No open toe booties. Not a fan of acrylic sweaters with mock necks...cheesy. No 100% polyester anything.

Esteemed Contributor

Tribal pants. They look like PJ pants worn out in public. Cheap fabric and cheap looking!

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@HULAGIRL wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

What are "Gumby jeans"? Never heard of those before.

Basically, bell-bottoms that probably flop when you walk (Susan Graver has a pair....thought those when bye bye with the 60's, but they're showing them again....not too sure if they're catching on, though.)

c375c3594a513dab1258829998a49c5d.jpg (177×238)

"Gumby" - and Heart"Pokey" 

I've seen Susan's jeans.  I believe they call them flares and she looks cute in tbem.  Because she's tiny and tiny women can wear anything.  I'm a 5'3" size 16/18.  Enough said.  Flares wouldn't work for me. 

Honored Contributor

Living in the tropics I have no use for fur trimmed anything - leather, though I used to really love leather when I lived up north,  suede, boots, polar fleece, turtlenecks.