Esteemed Contributor

Re: Three cheers for the models!

Nice post nycitygirl

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

True . . . where did some of them go? I haven't been watching much, but I did see some of the fashion shows, and no sign of Kate, Kerry, Suzanne, Anna, and I think Katia only does SG's shows (she must get extra pay for that).

But again, I haven't been watching that much lately.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

I think vendors pick their models but never heard of hosts picking their models.

Respected Contributor

I think the models on QVC are the bomb! Classy gals! I also appreciate that QVC shows models and hosts of different sizes. Very helpful to see a whole look with a body type!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

Thank you all for adding such positive comments to this post! I'm glad we can all agree that the models are fantastic, add to the shows, and help us make our purchasing decisions. Three cheers to all of you as well!!
Not applicable

I love the models, don't see how they work such long hours. Do the models sleep at QVC?

Respected Contributor

This is such a wonderful post. I tend to gush on and on about my favorite host(s) and/or vendor(s) that I forget all about the people who're getting several different kinds of makeup painted all over their faces, several different kinds of hair products slathered in their hair, having to wear clothes and shoes that are probably uncomfortable or something they don't necessarily like...all for hours and hours on end. And they have to keep a serene smile plastered on their faces all day.

Thank you for reminding me of the people at QVC who work hard, but don't always get credit for it. I'll have to remember that from now when I look at the models.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

The models from PM style are all still there....I saw Kate today, Kerry was doing makeup yesterday....Katia was on the last 2 days ....Suzanne too....don't know Anna....I haven't seen Iris however
Trusted Contributor

These hard working women, some of whom have children and other jobs, must be commended. They work hard, get little sleep, and keep smiling.

I have noticed that some PMS models have stopped doing that show. Interesting.

Honored Contributor

Not only do they have to stand in heels, change clothes again and again, but they have to mantain their figure. That takes time and unpaid work. Not to mention listen to the inane prattle of some hosts and vendors.