Trusted Contributor

I love Stan Herman products but it seems lately that while bringing new, the pieces that brought me to this brand no longer exist. 100% cotton chenille robes. Purchased many pieces in the early years. My all time favorite was a beautiful robe with caftan styling, 3/4 sleeve, and the yoke fabric was cut in the opposite direction of the fabric in the body of the robe. I don't go out shopping much anymore. While shopping is fun I usually end up wasting the day and don't find what I am looking for so I prefer shopping online. I dont mind paying a little more to get what I want. But I wont settle for what I dont want at any price. If I had known that extremely popular items would not be re -ordered I would have oredered 3 or 4 the first time because when I find something I love I want that item forever as with my body type I have a hard time finding things that fit me the way I want. When QVC started you could count on items returning for many years, not any more, not even popular items in any catagory. I watch or record Stan Herman, every show, hoping that one day a beautiful 100% cotton chenille caftan 3/4 sleeve robe will return! Anyone else agree?

Respected Contributor

Re: Thoughts on Stan Herman!

I haven't seen Stan Herman on in a long while and wondered - have I missed his shows?

Respected Contributor

I too still have two of Stan's chenille short robes for the summer months.  Nothing is more comfortable or long wearing.   

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Super Contributor

Lots of us have bemoaned the fact that we can't get a chenille robe from Stan. Myself included!!  Mine is threadbare but I won't give it up. I believe it's a cost issue. They probably can't produce a fabric in  cotton that would be affordable to us anymore. Therefore we get all that polyester.

Respected Contributor

I also wonder where he is.  Hope he's not ill, but I strongly suspect that QVC may have eliminated him from their ever changing list of vendors.  

I went to the grocery yesterday and couldn't find several items I've bought for years.  I stopped the Manager and asked where some of these things were, and he said, "We have to stop stocking them becuse we have to make room for all the new stuff".  I explained to him that some of the new "stuff" is fine, but let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.  I still want the things I've enjoyed for yers.

Same with QVC. Some of the "new stuff" is okay, but let's keep and cherish those things we've loved for years.  One of them is definitely Stan Herman.

Honored Contributor

Stan Herman seems to have a lot of different irons in the fire.  I know he was at the most recent New York Fashion Week events this past September because some of the QVC hosts posted photos of them together.  He seemed fine.

As far as his collection on QVC, if it's selling to the numbers that QVC deems profitable, they will continue to sell it.  If not, they bring in new things.  It's the same all over.

Honored Contributor

The only Stan Herman piece I ever bought, I bought directly from Stan.  I was wandering through a Nordstrom lingerie department when there he was.  I had no idea he was doing a truck show that day.  I bought a short Chenille robe - he picked the color for me!  Unfortunately, I returned that robe because I had green tufts all over everything.

Stan, himself?  Just what you'd expect from seeing him on QVC.  Warm, effusive, really enthusiastic about his product.  A bigger personality than his body - I hadn't realized from TV how small he is.

Maybe he retired?  I have no remembrance of what I'd think his age would be.  Anyone Google him and know?

Honored Contributor

I just did my own Goggle about Stan.  I skipped all the QVC titles and farther down in the list found a wonder NYTimes article about him - from 1998.  It's filled with info.  I am so computer challenged I can't give you a link, but Google Stan if you like and look for PUBLIC LIVES.......   It's an old series from the Times, but this one is all about Stan.

As I read everything, I'm really thinking he could well have decided to retire.  There was no age given, but just adding up the details, I think he could be older than I am - makes him well old enough to relax.

Honored Contributor

All I want is a robe either with a zipper (that does NOT open at the bottom) or what looks like a night shirt... both of which I LOVE and can't find anymore.  I don't care if they're cotton chanille or polyester fleece (just not that awful mushy stuff).... Right now I'm wearing a fleece nightshirt type robe with 4 big buttons at the top!  

I hate wearing pajamas and lounge clothing so that eliminates the only "robe and pajama" designer that is on anymore....  I have no interest in her products whatsoever.

So yes, I've missed Stan The Man for quite a few years and will wear what I have already purchased until it's almost see-thru.....

Please bring back some variety for the rest of us.... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

I am "Facebook friends" with Stan, and he has not retired.  QVC had a Stan Herman show at the end of September, but he sent a substitute.  I almost never watch QVC on TV (just check out things on the internet), so I can't say for sure.  But, I think that Q has mostly "moved on" to other designers, but has not dropped Stan completely.

Stan is still very involved with fashion.

I don't know exactly why, but I suspect it is the price of materials that has resulted in no more chenille from Stan.  Years ago, I had quite a bit of his chenille, and I did love it.  However, now I'm using his polyester robes, and they are very nice as well.

He seems like a super nice man.