Honored Contributor

The plus side of being a Plus 1X

I've realized for years that the XL measurements are very similar to the 1X measurements.  But I've always thought there must be some hidden construction detail I'm not aware of, so I never dared order XL.  Lately my size has been sold out a lot, it seems.  What the heck, I thought, try XL.  So far I've not had a problem if the measurements coincide to what I'm used to in 1X.  Here's the plus, you get twice as much inventory as anyone else.  Also, you can tell yourself, hey, I'm an XL (but then I think, who are you kidding?)

Valued Contributor

Re: The plus side of being a Plus 1X

That's really interesting observation, OP.  Over the last five years, I've lost 100 lbs!  I always side on having my clothes slightly bigger than too tight for comfort, not appearance.  Right now I dance between a 1X and XL the difference between a woman's clothing size and a miss's clothing size.  In actual size clothing I went from a 26 to and 18.  However,  you are right that there is more selection if you can fit properly into the smaller sizes and when your clothes are are tailored properly to your size you can actually look even smaller!  Who doesn't want that!  

Thanks for the valuable tip! Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

Wow congratulations on your wonderful weight loss.  Good for you.  I have always worn an extra large and after having lost 30 pounds myself, I am now in size L. 

So keep up the good work and give yourself a pat on the back!!!!

Respected Contributor

I always check the "click here" and look at size details. Sometimes the click is actually bigger in certain areas of a garment than the 1x. I used to be a 26-28 and now I'm a 14  bottoms and an xl/l in tops. Congrats on that awesome weight loss!!!

Super Contributor

I find that the sleeves and arm circumference in the XL are usually larger than the 1X. Congrats to all the weight loss success.
Honored Contributor

You are singing my song!  I'm about 120lbs smaller than I was 20 years ago.  I was once a 26, now I'm a 16 or 18, depending on the style.  I wear L or an Xl and I always get the right size.  I admit sizing is easier for me now, my body has better proportions now.  I have a nice shape.  I loved Q shopping just as much when I was larger because whatever I saw on my tv, was available  in my size.  My ego needed that!  Yes, I love the styles and the prices and home delivery but the big draw for me is the sizing.  No worries, I know my measurements and I use the size charts and I rarely have any size problems.
Valued Contributor

Congratulations to all of you for your success!!! I too have done well, I've gone from 204 pounds down to 155 as of today. YAY me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!