Esteemed Contributor

Re: The good old days of QVC and fashion

The clothes never came wrinkled, worn, smelly or in a filty bag.

The items came on hangers, plastic bags and a clothing box.

Esteemed Contributor

oohhh 

forgot to say 

Q never used to send out returned clothes.

That was for the ebay or amazon crowd.

Trusted Contributor

I liked Gabriella T, Urban Wool, Precious Fibers, Casual Workstyles, Lisden.  Still have some pieces from them.  Fashion Day used to seem so exciting!  Thank goodness Louis D is still here.

Honored Contributor

Precious Fibers, Centigrade, the Italian Woman with the painted sweaters, Diane von Furstenberg, Isobel Fiori, Casual Elegance?

Smiley Sad

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Oh yes I remember those good old days. I've been shopping withe QVC for almost 22 years. In fact it was before the "online" sales. Automated ordering was just coming in shortly after I started watching. I remember even the very first item Denim & Co. sold..5 pocket jeans. lol. I also remember Delta Burke and some of those episodes. 

The problem with today's fashion shows it's always the same ol same ol.  Too much repeition of the same items. Once in a great while I find something from Denim & Co.  I also remember liking a line called Dialogue? sp. 

New Contributor

I agree with most of what is said.  However, I do think that here are still good values at the Q.  I love Louis and Isaac and Denim & Co.  However, the material is VERY thin anymore with most of the brands.  You can see through it while they are showing it.  I feel the biggest negative is all the time they give to Logo.  I think it looks like a hot mess.  Nothing matches and I actually feel embarrased for the models.  I don't watch the shows either.  I forced myself to buy a couple of things just to see if I would "get it" and I just don't.  The material is way too thin, too expensive and looks like one of the homeless women you see with the cart in a cold state where they have so many layers on.  What happened to a little more sophisticated?  I also cannot tell you how many men I have heard say that they hate women in camo and they wish they could tell if someone was a man or woman from behind! Don't get me wrong, not dresses, just feminine!

Valued Contributor

Dialogue, Precious Fibers, Gabriella T., Jessica Holbrook, Diane Von Furstenberg - so many brands that are no longer on.  Fashion Days or a fashion TSVs were something to get excited about...

Esteemed Contributor

Yes,I remember those days very well.I got some beautiful well made items.They were also reasonably priced, didn't pill or stretch.They washed well & still look like new years later. Mark Bouwer was one of my favorites!! All that is left is Louis Del'Olio & he is rarely on!! 

We need more class & quality & less D&CO & Logo which seems to be on everytime you turn on the t.v. What happened to style & creativity??

What about a TSV from Louis?? 

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

I enjoyed your post!  I think it is wonderful that you dress nicely no matter what you do.  I try to do the same.  I laugh at times when I buy something that would have been perfect when I was working, and now I say.....

for grocery shopping, coffee dates with friends, maybe out to lunch,

and definitely Dr. appts. 

Contributor

I agree everyone...I checked the computer tonight to see what had been on during the fashion shows today from Aimee through Shawn...First of all there are very few items in each show and the items that are listed are pretty weak in my opinion.  If I am going to buy new clothing, I look at Nordstroms, Talbots, occasionally Saks,  J. Crew or Chicos.  It makes me sad, because I used to love the Q for quality, reasonable clothing and now it is just disappointing to me.