Respected Contributor

The cropped jacket with longer tunic underneath look

I know it;s a very popular trend. I personally do not find it flattering on most women. Cuts the figure and draws the eye to the widest part of the body. One host wears it a lot. Many of the models are styled in the look. What do you think?

Trusted Contributor

Re: The cropped jacket with longer tunic underneath look

I really like it.  I think it looks good on everyone I've seen it on. 

Honored Contributor

That short over long look has been instyle for well over 10 years now, I'm not what there is to talk about.  If you like it wear it, if you don't like it don't wear it.  I sometimes wear a tunic under my denim jackets when I wear a straight slim jean.

Trusted Contributor

I like the look myself, but I think certain colors may look better than others as far as how it looks to the eye. That sentence may not make a lot of sense, but I'm on the tired side at the moment-Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've worn it some. I don't think it looks bad on me, but DH does not like it at all! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I remember when it was a huge faux pas... that the over coat, jacket, or sweater did not cover the hem. I coudn't purchase enough over garments to be in complete adherence to this fashion rule. I'm so glad we have all been freed from that confinemnt. It looks great when done well, in all other cases it is hit or miss, and I think most people could care less if its a miss.

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I've worn it some. I don't think it looks bad on me, but DH does not like it at all! Smiley Happy

Same here...I was ready to go to dinner and hubby said "Are you going to wear that?".......He rarely says anything like that....so I figured it wasn't a good look for me....

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

Same here...I was ready to go to dinner and hubby said "Are you going to wear that?".......He rarely says anything like that....so I figured it wasn't a good look for me....

Lol Aww your dh's comment.....bless his heart. Leave it to our husbands to tell it like it is. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I love it.  I am very tall and curvy and think it looks really nice on me.  I style mine with tops that are slightly fitted and not LOGO style that has lots of volume. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I know it;s a very popular trend. I personally do not find it flattering on most women. Cuts the figure and draws the eye to the widest part of the body. One host wears it a lot. Many of the models are styled in the look. What do you think?

I have seen some times where is looks complimentary on some.....but most of the time i don't really care for it either.