QVC Customer Care

Re: The 100% Cotton "Revolution" for jeans

Link in OP was removed the artical had a link to another retailer.

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

Cotton Denim, is a specfic cotton and I love it for jeans.  I don't like the stretch they've put in today's jean fabric and I don't care for the thinner iterations either.... It takes a bit of practice to know what size to buy so they are big enough to zip and button, but tight enough that they don't stretch out too much while wearing.  My kind of pants....   Woman LOL

@Q4u  It is all the same cotton.  It is a by-product of the cotton that is used for other treatments and it is woven differently in order to create the denim texture/look.  The cotton is not different by any stretch of the imagination. 

Respected Contributor

I grew up with all cotton jeans and welcome them back. Some jeans have so much stretch that every lump and bump shows. I don't think that is an attractive look. 

Honored Contributor

@conlt wrote:

I grew up with all cotton jeans and welcome them back. Some jeans have so much stretch that every lump and bump shows. I don't think that is an attractive look. 

Some grow as we walk and bend.  Some will fall off me in public and I was embarrassed!

Respected Contributor

I read that article.   have enough jeans to last me another 5 years. I won't be buying 100% cotton jeans let alone ones that cost "four figures" . Add high rise, wide legged to that list.

I hated wearing jeans in back in the 80s and 90s with no stretch.  The waist always bagged out and the butt sagged. Jeans shopping was torture. Nothing ever fit right on me.

Now what happens to all these "Premium" jeans that no one wants anymore because they are "out"  for various and sundry reasons like "too low slung" or "9" leg opening"  or too much "whiskering" ?  Landfills?    300 gallons or more of water are used to make ONE pair of premium denim Citizens jeans, for example. All these $$$ denim pants made in LA.  where water seems to be scarce.

Honored Contributor

I think a small of amount of stretch is the way to go. I like being able to move and have my jeans move with me, if you know what I mean. No 100 percent cotton for me.

I wear skinny jeans from J. Crew, some of which the denim factory is named in the item description. I think that they are superb quality and fairly priced (given their regular promos).

I think that this whole concept of "premium" jeans, though, is excellent marketing. A quality jean is a quality jean, period.  So I deem my jeans to be premium. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

will never go back to wearing 100% cotton jeans. honestly, i dont buy anything 100% cotton anymore. it has to be a blend.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

Cotton Denim, is a specfic cotton and I love it for jeans.  I don't like the stretch they've put in today's jean fabric and I don't care for the thinner iterations either.... It takes a bit of practice to know what size to buy so they are big enough to zip and button, but tight enough that they don't stretch out too much while wearing.  My kind of pants....   Woman LOL

@Q4u  It is all the same cotton.  It is a by-product of the cotton that is used for other treatments and it is woven differently in order to create the denim texture/look.  The cotton is not different by any stretch of the imagination. 

I wasn't clear, I apologize.  What I meant was that all cotton isn't equal, there are varieties of the cotton plant that are tougher, thicker and stronger than other varieties.  You are right, cotton is cotton is cotton but when I look for jean I look for the durable cotton twill that has defined jeans from the beginning.   I look for a specific feel/weight and look at the fabric before I buy... Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

Personally, I have never liked the stretch in jeans. I prefer my old style Levis with no stretch.  Thankfully, I have many pairs of them that I can still fit into, lol, and they last forever.  Never had a problem with getting them on or the fit.  Quite the oppsite in fact.  I have found that some of the ones with stretch will bag out around the butt and knees after wearing them for a while.

@MarthaStewardess  I could have written your post.  I HATE stretch!  I have many pairs of Levis left - all men's.  I'll vote for all cotton everytime!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs @MarthaStewardess  Me, too. The 501's are still what I wear. They were the best ever. Glad I'm still the same size! Haven't found anything close to them in years. Know many women who share the same feelings. Heavy, durable denim (100% cotton); no gap at the waist and a zip front! I cannot imagine wearing pull-on jeans.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.