Honored Contributor

The 10 Most Wearable Trends For Fall '16

Any of these trends work for you or  are you on the hunt for something new? Please post your finds or your wish list items

I already wear leather, pink, velvet and some metallics. Have a couple of great DKNY body suits from past seasons with cold shoulder details in cotton/rayon and another in velvet.

Heart the plaid trend Heart Looking for a few new plaid items-top & scarf. Of these 10 trends, the bow blouse is not for me! 

POPSUGAR  Fashion  Fall 2016 Fall 2016 Trends | Runway
The 10 Most Wearable Trends For Fall '16

In its wake, Fashion Week left hundreds of runway shows and countless styles. Months after daydreaming about when we could wear the Fall '16 looks from catwalk, the time is finally here.

To make things easy on you, we're breaking it all down right here: a hit list of the top 10 trends you'll probably be wearing in just a few weeks' time. Read on for the full report or skip to the trend you want to get ahead of the game for next season.

Leather Weather

Designers looked to leather to craft coats in sleek silhouettes. Don't be fooled, these styles range from your classic trench varieties to street-ready, slashed versions we saw at Alexander Wang.

Leather-Weather.jpg

Think Pink

Forget what you thought you knew about Fall colors — designers are inviting you to embrace a fresh palette, namely a rosy, pretty pink. Whether splashed on a coat or worn head to toe, it's softening up Fall clothes, though it's not as sweet as you might remember.

Think-Pink.jpg

All Checked Out

The pattern that took over on the runway was obvious and it seems designers across the board were having plaid thoughts. There were simpler, cleaner iterations, though some skewed more schoolgirl or even Western-inspired.

All-Checked-Out.jpg

Pretty One-Sided

For seasons now, we've seen the ruwnay deliever a riff on the off-the-shoulder neckline. For Fall, the cut is asymmetrical, revealing just one side for subtle sex appeal.

Pretty-One-Sided.jpg

The Velvet Touch

When the chill sets in this Fall, you'll be thrilled velvet is having its moment. Designers showcased the luxe fabric on dresses and suiting — even track suiting — making it the favored texture of the season.

Velvet-Touch.jpg

Jump-Start

Designers introduced creative layers, evolving the dress into a jumper this season. The result is a sophisticated, modern version of the one you might have worn back in school

Jumpstart.jpg

All Tied Up

The fashion world's fixation with scarves and bandanas evolved into Fall's bow blouses and ribbon neckties. In our books, that makes accessorizing easy.

All-Tied-Up.jpg

Liquid Metal

Sparkle was done with a subtler touch this season, albeit with results that are just as eye-catching — only easier to wear. Metallics seemed melted into fabrics, glassy and liquid-like, so the pieces look even better when they move

Liquid-Metal.jpg

X Marks the Spot

Woven fabrics and lace-ups were used to create texture and dimension, making these subtle crisscrossed patterns a hot comodity for Fall.

X-Marks-Spot.jpg

"Granny" Chic

With polished silhouettes and luxurious finishes, these coats feel as if they were plucked straight from the closets of your chic grandmothers

Granny-Chic.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

Re: The 10 Most Wearable Trends For Fall '16

Great timing.  I have been having a hard time getting rid of favorites I no longer need but they fit.  There goes my downsizing in my closet.  At 71 I have worn a similar version of several of those styles.  I will shop my extra closet and fill in with something special when I find it.  Again, good styles never go away they just step aside for a season or 2.  Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

this seems to have little to do with the QVC customer. Probably 1% of the population represented by the models even have the figures to wear the clothes and who would want to spend the money. Pink?  Leather?  Velvet?  Granny clothes?  What's new?Most of us can dig into our closets and find all of that right now. 

I'm tall and a former model and I buy my clothes from QVC. I want to please my self and the man in my life. Not other women. 

Honored Contributor

I have a leather trench, the rest didn't interest me at all. Interesting thread however.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

From a Nordstrom email today. Love the maroon/navy plaid coat!

cupcakes and cashmere

_13028153.jpg

_12999797.jpg

_12968624.jpg

Free People

_13107266.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

From HSN

G by Giuliana Tie-Front Wrap Skirt
486-656
G by Giuliana Tie-Front Wrap Skirt

G by Giuliana Maxi Tunic with Tie Side Panels
486-779
G by Giuliana Maxi Tunic with Tie Side Panels

G by Giuliana Boyfriend Button-Down Shirt
486-657
G by Giuliana Boyfriend Button-Down Shirt

Melissa McCarthy Seven7 Denim Plaid Patches Skinny Jean - Missy
483-173
Melissa McCarthy Plaid Patches Skinny Jean - Missy

JACHS Girlfriend Tina Plaid Shirt
488-660
JACHS Girlfriend Tina Plaid Shirt

IMAN Global Chic Runway Glam Perfect Plaid Luxury Wrap
490-248
IMAN Global Chic Runway Glam Perfect Plaid Luxury Wrap

IMAN Global Chic Runway Glam Luxury Plaid Scarf
487-221
IMAN Global Chic Runway Glam Luxury Plaid Scarf

Honored Contributor

From QVC, slim pickings from 'new'. I like this coat from Isaac

a281470.jpg

A281470
Isaac Mizrahi Live! Brushed Plaid Snap Front Coat with Belt

This one is D&C, blue is sold out

a280681.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

Great timing.  I have been having a hard time getting rid of favorites I no longer need but they fit.  There goes my downsizing in my closet.  At 71 I have worn a similar version of several of those styles.  I will shop my extra closet and fill in with something special when I find it.  Again, good styles never go away they just step aside for a season or 2.  Thanks for sharing.

I'm in the same age range ... most of that stuff is already in my closet!  (I keep stuff forever.)

Honored Contributor

Nordstrom is selling this as a preorder Heart

Burberry Prorsum Tartan Plaid Wool Blend Coat

_12803585.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interesting article - thanks for posting it!

I'm not wowed by most of it - which isn't unusual. Fall doesn't get me excited; I'm a summer girl.

I do like metallic fabrics. I like the idea of a dressy look without a lot of beading and sequins. 

Pink is my best color, but this pink is a warm shade and not flattering on me. (I ordered a top in Rosebud from Talbot's - the same shade - and it was a big fail.)

I bought more than usual last winter. I can take my time and choose very carefully this year.