Regular Contributor

That is just another fanny pack!

How can they  remember the old days with the "awful fanny packs?"

Sorry this is a fanny pack in leather and it's the same bulky bag around the waist look.

Why are they saying this is so clever and new? 

Of all the things you can sell Qvc..I wonder who picks what goes on the air..

Honored Contributor

Re: That is just another fanny pack!

Not everyone is watching, can you be more specific please?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw that also...(Aimee Kestenberg item) thinking the same thing...and then they tried to show it as a crossbody but the strap was way too short to wear that way...call it what it is..it's a fanny pack and looked no different than the ones from the 80's!!

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

Fanny packs are in again.  

Honored Contributor

@Karie2022 wrote:

I saw that also...(Aimee Kestenberg item) thinking the same thing...and then they tried to show it as a crossbody but the strap was way too short to wear that way...call it what it is..it's a fanny pack and looked no different than the ones from the 80's!!

Ohhhh.  Yes, I've seen Aimee Kestenberg's "belt bag."  I agree, it's just a fanny pack.  No amount of rich leather will make me want more belly on my belly, or fanny on my fanny (I'm actually quoting Lori Grenier, but I like it!).  Some folks have never stopped wearing them, and that's cool.  But no one will convince me they are in fashion. 

Esteemed Contributor

I guess I consider a fanny pack to be a very practical item to have when out sightseeing or at a amusement park or a county fair.  I am looking for practical application not a fashion statement and really don't care if I am making a fashion statement or not.  There are times when practical trumps looks.

Respected Contributor

I don't like them.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I guess I consider a fanny pack to be a very practical item to have when out sightseeing or at a amusement park or a county fair.  I am looking for practical application not a fashion statement and really don't care if I am making a fashion statement or not.  There are times when practical trumps looks.

I think this all the time as well. I'm not headed to a White House dinner when I strap on a backpack or a fanny pack. I'm hiking, or at the flea market, or at an amusement park, or some other casual type setting where hands free, and plenty of room for the things I need are essential.

I never did quite get all the vanity over what one looked like when practicality was the prime force driving the day. Must come from the same women I see at those type places wearing their four inch heels and complaining about their feet hurting.

Respected Contributor

I found some small flat ones that I like.  They don't add much bulk at the waist. I wear my cell phone all the time so I need something weightless.

Hipzbag has some cute styles - used to be sold at QVC. Others I found on Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I agree.  I hate a big purse at outside events or on vacation. Fanny packs are great for the places you mentioned!