Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's Winter Clearance Sale - Great Deals!

I was in Talbots Sunday and finally got the heart sweater that I've been eyeing for a while.  I was very suprised when I rang up, it was only $37-something.  They had sales on top of sales. 

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I was in Talbots Sunday and finally got the heart sweater that I've been eyeing for a while.  I was very suprised when I rang up, it was only $37-something.  They had sales on top of sales. 

@Mj12 That can't have been from the new collection of hearts for V-day sweaters, can it?  Most of the great discounts being offered over this past weekend only applied to the clearance merchandise. I didn't see any heart sweaters in any of the FOUR - yes FOUR- Talbots I went to over the weekend that were available for the discounts.  Which sweater was that (I love heart sweaters!).

I went Fri, Sat., Sun & Monday to different Talbot's, which each had different selections of the clearance merchandise offered.  I found one that hat had tons of winter clearance left - I don't think any item I was interested in was missing from what they had left.  Most of the other ones had a lot gone but not that one.  Anyway, each store was completely different with what was available.  And OY  I did make purchases at each one, because the prices were just ridiculously low!  Score!  I ended up paying under $10 for the hedgehog sweater, with all my discounts! It had started out at $89.99.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee It was the heart-yoke sweater - #D35589.  Normally $79.50.  ($10 for the hedgehog sweater - can't beat that!)

heart yoke sweater.jpg

Honored Contributor

Yikes! @Mj12  I had no idea any discounts applied to this sweater at all.  I love this one and when @gidgetgh  bought it recently (at full price - shhhhh - don't let her know what you paid)  I told her I wanted it but was going to wait til it was on sale.  Dang!  How did I miss this being on sale at all over the weekend? I'd have picked it up!

Yes, thanks. That hedgehog ended up being a great price.  I'm not too sure about wearing a hedgehog (which is kinda cute) but I absolutely love the dark teal wool of the background on me, and the nedgehog looks good against it!  Smiley Happy  And for $10 I took a chance....  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee- I got the heart sweater for 40% off when it first came out. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Pearlee- I got the heart sweater for 40% off when it first came out. 

@gidgetgh Oh YAY!  That's great!  Glad to hear it.  Now I want it at 40% off!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Talbots just started a promotion today - 25 percent off all full-priced tops (sweaters, tees and knits, and blouses). It goes through the 24th.

I'm excited about the new things that are coming in, like this lightweight button-cuff sweater - in 10 colors.

Button-Cuff Sweater

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Pearlee It was the heart-yoke sweater - #D35589.  Normally $79.50.  ($10 for the hedgehog sweater - can't beat that!)

heart yoke sweater.jpg

This is so cute! 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee- I was at Talbots this afternoon and got another sweater that I loved. It was $79.50 originally, marked down to $21.99. It's a long sweater and loose. I bought it in the pink and just ordered it in the indigo. If you search 277088 you'll find it.   It's rayon/nylon/cotton. 

image.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh  That is so cute, and a really good deal with that price!  I'm gonna look for the blue one because I have a pink QVC D&C top from years back that this reminds me of.  Great tip!  That fabric combo means it feels soft and comfy!  Great fabric content for the "hand"   Thanks for thinking of me and this thread. .