Trusted Contributor

Re: Talbot's New Spring Clothes

I can't wear Talbots anymore. I am busty an their shirts are too short. Anyone else have this problem?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

So I went to Talbots yesterday to pay my bill - big mistake.  I liked so many things.  I hadn't been to T's in several weeks, not since they'd put out the rest of their spring clothes.

So during this pants deal which ends Sunday, I'm thinking of getting the weekend chino pants in white.  Last year, when I bough the Boston Terrier weekend chino pants, those were the first pants I'd ever bought in all the years shopping at T's because none of their pants ever fit me.  Well, those chinos fit me again nicely this year.  I chatted with the manager (this was a different new T's that opened) and she introduced me to the curvey pants because one problem for me with T's pants is them being too low in the back and gapping. Even the weekend chinos do that but not as badly as some others.  Loved the two pair of curvey petite jeans I tried on! (I wear the chinos in a regular but needed the curvey in petite).  Gosh they fit me very well and it looked like I'd lost ten pounds.   I have a pair on hold for me, still thinking about buying them.  The only reason I didn't is that they are a good price for jeans with the $20 off and 5x points but I don't really need them because I have plenty of Dream Jeannes.   I'll probably go back and get them though!

One reason, in addition to all the QF Dream Jeannes I own that I didn't purchase the Curvey fit jeans yesterday was that the particular pair I tried on in the lighter wash demin (which I preferred esp. for spring and summer) was a lot shorter than the very dark denim pair I tried on, and there was only one pair in my size left so that was the pair.  Therefore, today I went to a different Talbots that also had one pair in my size (yes, both stores looked in the back for more) and eureka!   I liked the length better on today's pair, as well as the fit and shade (slightly lighter) of denim.  Sold!  I swear I look ten or so pounds thinner in these jeans than I really am!  I think they are the best looking jeans on me I've ever had!   I also bought a pair of white weekend chinos (both on the $20 off plus 5X points sale).  I'm going to look tonight at what other colors those curvey pants come in on the 'net.  If I buy three pair of pants I get $40 off my fourth pair so I want to look at what other curvey colors are available. I also realize there are several different styles in curvey but I'm really liking these slim leg ones!

I also found an adorable eyeglasses sweater that I may buy by tomorrow when the 30% off tops ends.  It's called "Sunglasses and Stripes" although they aren't sunglasses.  And the eyeglass frames are in sequins. Adorable!

Esteemed Contributor

I bought my first pair of slim ankle jeans a couple of weeks ago and really like the way they fit me.  IN the past I have always bought the straight leg 5 pockets but it is nice to have options.  MY absolute favorite non jean style pants are the Hampshire cut which I buy in a 16WP.  THey fit me like they were designed for my body.   LOve, Love, Love them.  I have even forgiven Talbots for discontinuing my prior favorite the Heritage cut.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I bought my first pair of slim ankle jeans a couple of weeks ago and really like the way they fit me.  IN the past I have always bought the straight leg 5 pockets but it is nice to have options.  MY absolute favorite non jean style pants are the Hampshire cut which I buy in a 16WP.  THey fit me like they were designed for my body.   LOve, Love, Love them.  I have even forgiven Talbots for discontinuing my prior favorite the Heritage cut.

@KathyPet- I think they're slim ankle jeans are terrific.  I'm 5'5" so the "ankle" jeans fit me as regular length.

I bought the natural color for this spring and summer.  They are SO soft and remind me of the "painters pants" we used to wear back in the late 70's and 80's.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

So I went to Talbots yesterday to pay my bill - big mistake.  I liked so many things.  I hadn't been to T's in several weeks, not since they'd put out the rest of their spring clothes.

So during this pants deal which ends Sunday, I'm thinking of getting the weekend chino pants in white.  Last year, when I bough the Boston Terrier weekend chino pants, those were the first pants I'd ever bought in all the years shopping at T's because none of their pants ever fit me.  Well, those chinos fit me again nicely this year.  I chatted with the manager (this was a different new T's that opened) and she introduced me to the curvey pants because one problem for me with T's pants is them being too low in the back and gapping. Even the weekend chinos do that but not as badly as some others.  Loved the two pair of curvey petite jeans I tried on! (I wear the chinos in a regular but needed the curvey in petite).  Gosh they fit me very well and it looked like I'd lost ten pounds.   I have a pair on hold for me, still thinking about buying them.  The only reason I didn't is that they are a good price for jeans with the $20 off and 5x points but I don't really need them because I have plenty of Dream Jeannes.   I'll probably go back and get them though!

One reason, in addition to all the QF Dream Jeannes I own that I didn't purchase the Curvey fit jeans yesterday was that the particular pair I tried on in the lighter wash demin (which I preferred esp. for spring and summer) was a lot shorter than the very dark denim pair I tried on, and there was only one pair in my size left so that was the pair.  Therefore, today I went to a different Talbots that also had one pair in my size (yes, both stores looked in the back for more) and eureka!   I liked the length better on today's pair, as well as the fit and shade (slightly lighter) of denim.  Sold!  I swear I look ten or so pounds thinner in these jeans than I really am!  I think they are the best looking jeans on me I've ever had!   I also bought a pair of white weekend chinos (both on the $20 off plus 5X points sale).  I'm going to look tonight at what other colors those curvey pants come in on the 'net.  If I buy three pair of pants I get $40 off my fourth pair so I want to look at what other curvey colors are available. I also realize there are several different styles in curvey but I'm really liking these slim leg ones!

I also found an adorable eyeglasses sweater that I may buy by tomorrow when the 30% off tops ends.  It's called "Sunglasses and Stripes" although they aren't sunglasses.  And the eyeglass frames are in sequins. Adorable!

@Pearlee- welcome to the world of Talbots jeans.  They're the best!

I'm meeting my sister and two friends this morning.  We're going to Talbots first and then the movies.  I'll look for the eyeglass top.  I've seen it online- cute.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  That top is very, very cute except I didn't care for the sleeve length which, on me is between 3/4 and a little longer, same as the red Boston Terrier sweater.  That won't stop me from buying it though because I just pushed the sleeves up a little when I tried it on.  As is, though, they aren't an attractive length IMO.

By the way, I'm tempted to buy it at the 30% off, but it's a new item and so I figure they'll be around for a while, even if I have to get it online.   I figure there will be another 40% off one item coupon coming out soon - like for Easter maybe? - and so I could save maybe another approx. $10 on it.  It is really, really cute and shoudln't be called sunglasses because they aren't.  The different colored sequin frames are super cute though!

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday I called in an RSVP to the trunk show invitation I received.  Have any of you ever been to a Talbot's trunk show?  I'm curious about the styling tips and look forward to the fashion show.

A couple of days ago, I picked up a couple of dresses at the Talbot's Outlet.  They were from last year's catalog, but at 40% off I don't mind.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

Yesterday I called in an RSVP to the trunk show invitation I received.  Have any of you ever been to a Talbot's trunk show?  I'm curious about the styling tips and look forward to the fashion show.

A couple of days ago, I picked up a couple of dresses at the Talbot's Outlet.  They were from last year's catalog, but at 40% off I don't mind.

@wildcat fan  I also received an invitation to one but am not going and have not gone to any in the past.  Do let us know what it's like after you go!

Esteemed Contributor

MY store had a trunk show back in the fall.  WE had about 30 people attend.  They bring a stylist in from corporate and we ask real customers to model.  2 models each from misses, petite and woman.  It was so much fun to see everyone dressed by the stylist with the different combinations.  EVerone seemed to have a good time.  WE are having another one at the end of this month.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh Whoohoo!  I received my Talbot's check to spend in the mail!

I wish it was good this weekend but unfortunately it doesn't start til Monday. I'd have used it to buy the sunglasses top at 30% off then the $20.  I'm definitely going to buy it. I'll wait for a 40% off coupon and then also use a reward and it'll be pretty darn cheap then.  I hope you saw it and let us know what you thought of it in pesron.

I called my optician today (who sold me all my funky eyeglasses frames) and told her she needs it - I walked her through looking it up online while she was at work today LOL.  I don't think she's getting it though - I think she had a bit of sticker shock at the price.