Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's New Spring Clothes

@Pearlee wrote:

So I went to Talbots yesterday to pay my bill - big mistake.  I liked so many things.  I hadn't been to T's in several weeks, not since they'd put out the rest of their spring clothes.

So during this pants deal which ends Sunday, I'm thinking of getting the weekend chino pants in white.  Last year, when I bough the Boston Terrier weekend chino pants, those were the first pants I'd ever bought in all the years shopping at T's because none of their pants ever fit me.  Well, those chinos fit me again nicely this year.  I chatted with the manager (this was a different new T's that opened) and she introduced me to the curvey pants because one problem for me with T's pants is them being too low in the back and gapping. Even the weekend chinos do that but not as badly as some others.  Loved the two pair of curvey petite jeans I tried on! (I wear the chinos in a regular but needed the curvey in petite).  Gosh they fit me very well and it looked like I'd lost ten pounds.   I have a pair on hold for me, still thinking about buying them.  The only reason I didn't is that they are a good price for jeans with the $20 off and 5x points but I don't really need them because I have plenty of Dream Jeannes.   I'll probably go back and get them though!

@Pearlee- I live in Talbots jeans. My current favorites are from this spring, the vintage wash straight legs. So comfortable and fit me perfectly. I liked them so much that I bought two more pairs. 

And their weekend chinos are terrific. 

In yesterday's mail, I received a  $$ off any purchase coupon from them, to be used starting 3/21. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Meant to add to above:  I really liked the Oprah things!  I'm a sucker for polka dots, esp. black/white 9or ivery) ones!  I could have done major damage in there.  Note to self: mail in bill payment next time.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  Ohhhh - hope I get one of those coupons too! Smiley Happy

BTW for everyone - the 30% off tops ends tomorrow and the $20 off and 5x points on pants ends Sunday.  Looks like I'll be going back to Talbots!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  A concern about the jeans.  Have you ever had a color transfer problem with the denim?  I could smell the dye in it in the dressing room and the tag said to wash first, which I always do with jeans anyway to prevent color bleeding.  However, this dye smelled pretty strong and was wondering just how many times I'd have to wash them to prevent a color transfer possible problem.   What has been your experience? Any bleeding? (At these prices, they shouldn't!).

Honored Contributor

@jonbon I love the Edison ankle strap flats!  Very cute.

I still need another pair of their PERFECT "Flawless Five Pocket Flare Jeans".

62016587_7818.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh  A concern about the jeans.  Have you ever had a color transfer problem with the denim?  I could smell the dye in it in the dressing room and the tag said to wash first, which I always do with jeans anyway to prevent color bleeding.  However, this dye smelled pretty strong and was wondering just how many times I'd have to wash them to prevent a color transfer possible problem.   What has been your experience? Any bleeding? (At these prices, they shouldn't!).

@Pearlee- I have had problems with color transfer on some of their jeans. I was them several times before I wear them, using one of those Shout Color Catchers in each wash. 

The Vintage colored jeans weren't too bad because they're a lighter wash. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee- I have had problems with color transfer on some of their jeans. I was them several times before I wear them, using one of those Shout Color Catchers in each wash. 

The Vintage colored jeans weren't too bad because they're a lighter wash. 

Thank you so much for your reply @gidgetgh .  As I stated before, that shouldn't happen on jean of that price & supposedy good quality.

Respected Contributor

I love the slim ankle jeans and own seven of them all together (three denim washes plus white, stone, light gray, and a deep rose-pink color from last season). They're trim but not tight through the legs and fit me very well. I can't wear the weekend chinos (or any variation thereof) -- gap in the back and the waist/hip ratio is wrong for me -- or the boyfriend jeans (big gapping problem!).

In addition to the scoop neck pima tees I reviewed positively in the "Talbots gets me again" thread, I've also found a couple other things lately. I got the sailor pants in indigo and LOVE them. I had to order a size down, and they still have plenty of room, but they are so much fun. Lightweight denim, and they fit great through the waist/hips on me. They look so  much better on than they do in any of the catalog/online photos! I also got the blue gingham popover with floral embroidery.

ProductOverlay.jpeg

This popover worked for me, since it was more tailored and less "flowy" (trimmer through the torso!) than some of them. I can wear it with jeans or the deep rose-pink ankle jeans I got last year (I usually roll that pair) -- the floral embroidery is in shades of pink/rose -- and a pair of Cole Haan denim espadrille flats I have. It's delicate and suits me very well.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon  Very pretty popover and useful, due to the colors.

Like you, I like the more fitted popver style better.  The fuller style doesn't flatter me at all.  Nice choice. Did you get it on the 30% off tops sale?  

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

I love the slim ankle jeans and own seven of them all together (three denim washes plus white, stone, light gray, and a deep rose-pink color from last season). They're trim but not tight through the legs and fit me very well. I can't wear the weekend chinos (or any variation thereof) -- gap in the back and the waist/hip ratio is wrong for me -- or the boyfriend jeans (big gapping problem!).

In addition to the scoop neck pima tees I reviewed positively in the "Talbots gets me again" thread, I've also found a couple other things lately. I got the sailor pants in indigo and LOVE them. I had to order a size down, and they still have plenty of room, but they are so much fun. Lightweight denim, and they fit great through the waist/hips on me. They look so  much better on than they do in any of the catalog/online photos! I also got the blue gingham popover with floral embroidery.

ProductOverlay.jpeg

This popover worked for me, since it was more tailored and less "flowy" (trimmer through the torso!) than some of them. I can wear it with jeans or the deep rose-pink ankle jeans I got last year (I usually roll that pair) -- the floral embroidery is in shades of pink/rose -- and a pair of Cole Haan denim espadrille flats I have. It's delicate and suits me very well.

@jonbon- I LOVE their slim ankle jeans. I wear jeans 7 days a week so I have several pairs. The Slim ankle jeans and the vintage wash straight legs.