Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's New Spring Clothes

@jonbon  Those shoes are absolutely adorable!  

Honored Contributor

The in-store annual Dress For Success event is Sat. 3/4.  Where you bring in gently used clothes appropriate for the workforce and Talbot's donates them to Dress For Success (always wondered - why give T's the tax deduction? Why not donate them yourself and get the tax deduction?).   Light refreshments in-store.  The 25% off entire purchase of full-priced spring items (with some exclusions) will still be on until the next day, March 5th.

Anyone else take advantage of this spring sale yet?   I haven't been back to T's.

Honored Contributor

I love their Dress for Success program. I donated to it the other day and have a few things ready to donate to them, including a brand new purse that I never ended up using.  I'm happy to support their program. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I love their Dress for Success program. I donated to it the other day and have a few things ready to donate to them, including a brand new purse that I never ended up using.  I'm happy to support their program. 

@gidgetgh  Can I give you my address instead?  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

THere is no Dress for Success location near me to take my donations to and while I could just donate to Goodwill or Salvation Army I want to ensure my donated items go to this wonderful organization so I will bring my gently used work clothes to Talbot's and let them handle getting them where they need to go.  AS far as the tax write off the value there is so little anyway.

Honored Contributor

I will have to go to a regular store and try on the scoopneck pima t shirts.  I need scoopneck.  Thanks for pointing those out.

I went to the clearance center/outlet today.  Nothing to see there yet.

I will try again in a couple of weeks.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

THere is no Dress for Success location near me to take my donations to and while I could just donate to Goodwill or Salvation Army I want to ensure my donated items go to this wonderful organization so I will bring my gently used work clothes to Talbot's and let them handle getting them where they need to go.  AS far as the tax write off the value there is so little anyway.

@KathyPet  I never meant someone shouldn't donate to Dress for Success.  Merely that the individual should give directly to D for S and get the tax deduction.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

@KathyPet  I never meant someone shouldn't donate to Dress for Success.  Merely that the individual should give directly to D for S and get the tax deduction.  

YEs I agree but then you need to have a Dress for Sucess drop off location near you and the closest to me is about a 2.5 hr drive one way.  Any tax deduction I would get would be eaten up by the cost of the trip.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

YEs I agree but then you need to have a Dress for Sucess drop off location near you and the closest to me is about a 2.5 hr drive one way.  Any tax deduction I would get would be eaten up by the cost of the trip.

@KathyPet Well my post was meant for everyone.  Plenty here on the board live in cities that have DFS - I do.  If my posts don't apply to you, just ignore them.  I'm didn't post to get into an argument.  I realize it wouldn't be convenient for everyone to do but for those who live nearby where they could drop off the clothing, why give Talbot's the tax deduction?  I can use the writeoff myself - I can almost guarantee my income is less than Talbots.

Honored Contributor

So I went to Talbots yesterday to pay my bill - big mistake.  I liked so many things.  I hadn't been to T's in several weeks, not since they'd put out the rest of their spring clothes.

So during this pants deal which ends Sunday, I'm thinking of getting the weekend chino pants in white.  Last year, when I bough the Boston Terrier weekend chino pants, those were the first pants I'd ever bought in all the years shopping at T's because none of their pants ever fit me.  Well, those chinos fit me again nicely this year.  I chatted with the manager (this was a different new T's that opened) and she introduced me to the curvey pants because one problem for me with T's pants is them being too low in the back and gapping. Even the weekend chinos do that but not as badly as some others.  Loved the two pair of curvey petite jeans I tried on! (I wear the chinos in a regular but needed the curvey in petite).  Gosh they fit me very well and it looked like I'd lost ten pounds.   I have a pair on hold for me, still thinking about buying them.  The only reason I didn't is that they are a good price for jeans with the $20 off and 5x points but I don't really need them because I have plenty of Dream Jeannes.   I'll probably go back and get them though!