Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's New Spring Clothes

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh  I also spent my $20 today! (and then returned home to find out they emailed me one...hehehehe....how many times can I print that off? La de da....! )

Anyway, I'm posting as the proud owner of not only the sunglasses striped sweater (whoohoo -- so happy to have that)  but also the polka dot white and black blouse on the cover of the catalog I got in the mail the other day and a chambray lace-up shirt. Here's what happened:

My favorite sales clerk at my favorite Talbot's store told me she was having  a party from 1-3 today to introduce more spring clothes.  What that ended up meaning, in addition to refreshments, was if Sue rang up our purchases we got 25% off our entire order, including clearance!  So, of course I ended up at T's all afternoon, esp. since there was newly marked down clearance as of yesterday.  

I bought the sunglasses sweater with Sue's 25% off, my $20 check and a reward.  It came to about $25 (it started out $89 I think)..  Ohhhhh I'm so happy.   And then the white blouse with black polka dots. started out as $79 but I used Sue's 25% off and two rewards and it came to $14.09 before tax!  Ohhhhh I got even happier (I decided to use two rewards on it because it looked very, very cute on me and Sue nodded a vehement "yes" when I asked whether the clothes on the front of the catalog sell out fast.  She then added that they'd already had to reorder that blouse once having sold it out, and had placed another order for it but wasn't sure what they could get in now (and the sizes they had were really broken; fortunately mine - one of them - was still there).      

As for the chambray blouse which is called on the site lace-up pintucked denim popover (and in person is much lighter and looks more like chambray) - I'm really surprised I bought it!  I generally do not like lace-up anything and have never really liked chambray (in fact I don't own anything in chambray).  But this blouse felt so soft on the rack and I liked the shade of blue so I tried it on. Turned out I needed a petite (which I don't usually) that fit just right!  When I came out of the dressing room the clerks and customers told me how good it looked on me - both style and color - so since it was on sale and I got an additional 25% off and since it's comfy and I have nothing else in my wardrobe like it (and it'll go great with jeans) I bought it.   It ended up being quite a bit more than the expensive new merchandise sweater and blouse I bought that I used so many discounts on.   I had a great time shopping there today and also got chocolate truffles to eat and water to drink.  Hard work, trying on all those clothes! 

I am so happy about my eyeglasses sweater though!  I really love it!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee- a great day at Talbots for you!  I know you're thrilled with your purchases and your favorite eyeglasses sweater. 

I also got the coupon emailed to me. I'm confused also. Can we use both the one we got in the mail AND the emailed coupon?

As I mentioned, I need a flash sale so I can order the other items I'd like to get, all are new arrivals. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   I don't know whether we can use it mutiple times or not, but I'm sure gonna try!

I used mine at store on my first item (sunglasses sweater)   By the third item - the clerk and I had chatted so much that she rang up the third item and then asked me, "did you already use your $20?"  I said, yes - you even tore up my "check" - but I'd be happy to use it again for the lace-up blouse!" 

To which she replied, "oh, I can't do that - I'd lose my job."   Now that implies I could only use it once but heck, why email it to me and I can make copies of it then?

Actually, I have used supposed once-only coupons both online once and in-store once and nothing ever happened - they both went through OK.  You can try it on a different day at least!  Smiley Happy

I'm so happy with my purchases, although I may go to another T's here (we have so many close to me!) and try to use the coupon I print out on the chambray blouse I bought (and then return this one) - or even try online.  I'd rather pay $20 off what I paid for it today!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did not need to see the Summer lookbook. LOL

I am all over the black/white buffalo check stuff.  I got 2 pieces from the Winter collection, I am eyeing 2 things in the Spring collection and I saw another jacket and purse in the Summer collection.

Save me.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I did not need to see the Summer lookbook. LOL

I am all over the black/white buffalo check stuff.  I got 2 pieces from the Winter collection, I am eyeing 2 things in the Spring collection and I saw another jacket and purse in the Summer collection.

Save me.

@VaBelle35- I loved the black and white poplin embroidered top. I did a screen shot of that so I can watch for it. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  You're gonna love this!  I just used my emailed $20 check online! Smiley Happy

The poppy charming cardi is on sale - I've been wanting that since I first tried it on weeks ago (around the time you got it).   $49.99 and I used the code sent with the $20 off to use online and it worked!  I guess they didn't track my use at the store today.

Whoohooo!   Charming cardi with tax was $32.

Honored Contributor

I made it in and out without buying anything tonight.

The mall was so hot, they had the heat blasting.  I was too uncomfortable to want to try on any clothes.

I will place an order online.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I have been shopping more at Talbots the last couple of years (since the Linea line changed).  I have been going around with them about a couple of items I bought at a flash sale online.  They have charged me twice.  I really got upset yesterday when I finally decided to call customer service and the message said customer service "was not taking calls"!  What is with that?  Tried the e-mail and the chat service.  Problem still not fixed.  

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I made it in and out without buying anything tonight.

The mall was so hot, they had the heat blasting.  I was too uncomfortable to want to try on any clothes.

I will place an order online.

@VaBelle35- Let us know what you order.

I have 3 things I'd like to order now, but am waiting for a sale.  They're all new arrivals.  I check my email often hoping to see a flash sale email.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  Will do!

I'm waiting for them to go on sale as well.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN