Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@jpie wrote:

@clista wrote:

My guess her ridiculous style is not what most people buy.  Allthose figured fabrics are ridiculous.

____

They certainly aren't for me. It's just too much all at once. If it were a solid color with her signature print around the border it would be better.  I also don't think the backside hung properly on anyone, regardless of their size.  

@jpie   Oh, there were matching flowing pants, too. Now, that's a lot going on. The fabric of the top did cling to whatever pants models were wearing. 

😂  I saw that poor little petite model wearing the matching set.  She was a cutie, but it looked like a clown show. Just too much for her tiny body!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus @jpie @ALRATIBA @D Kay @clista 

Looking at this thread, I went over to see the TOLANI designs.

All I can say is WOW!  The prints and combinations are a train wreck!  I've seen some spring collections that were terrible, and this collection seems to fall right into the stack!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

All I can say is WOW!  The prints and combinations are a train wreck!  I've seen some spring collections that were terrible, and this collection seems to fall right into the stack!

___

Hi!  I look at all of your posts of what you wear daily, along with all of the other ladies. I must say, you always look so put together.  Your style is classic and tailored. This particular Tolani fashion is not for ladies like us!  I do like some of the blouses she has, but I haven't bought them.

Honored Contributor

@jpie wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

___

Hi!  I look at all of your posts of what you wear daily, along with all of the other ladies. I must say, you always look so put together.  Your style is classic and tailored. This particular Tolani fashion is not for ladies like us!  I do like some of the blouses she has, but I haven't bought them.

@jpie Thank you for the lovely compliment.  I'm a professional stylist after retiring from teaching.  My top areas were Clothing construction, Tailoring, Design, and Interior Design.  

I'm a winter and stick to the jewel tones and brights mainly.

Love your hair!

Honored Contributor

I don't remember any mention of silk.  They've always touted the Modal.  I think QVC has not sold any fabric containing silk for years.  I love some of the Tolani designs but not the florals.  The only on of yesterday's TSV that I liked was the blue tie dye but I have no use for a garment like that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@jpie wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

___

@jpie Thank you for the lovely compliment.  I'm a professional stylist after retiring from teaching.  My top areas were Clothing construction, Tailoring, Design, and Interior Design.  

Love your hair!

________

Well, thank you!  That picture is about three years old, but that was the best at-home blow out before a date, and then he ghosted me!  I thought, rather than waste a great selfie photo op, and get super angry, I'd make the best of the situation!  I gave him about four days to explain why he did this.  He never got back to me.  I blocked him from every possible form of communication!   My hair is much longer now thanks to Wen and recently Tweek'd.

I too am a retired teacher. Secondary science, 32 years!  Unlike you, I did not take on a job.  I salute you for doing this, but I enjoy my schedule-free life I suppose.   

Honored Contributor

@jpie wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@jpie wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

___

Love your hair!

________

Well, thank you!  That picture is about three years old, but that was the best at-home blow out before a date, and then he ghosted me!  I thought, rather than waste a great selfie photo op, and get super angry, I'd make the best of the situation!  I gave him about four days to explain why he did this.  He never got back to me.  I blocked him from every possible form of communication!   My hair is much longer now thanks to Wen and recently Tweek'd.

I too am a retired teacher. Secondary science, 32 years!  Unlike you, I did not take on a job.  I salute you for doing this, but I enjoy my schedule-free life I suppose.   

@jpie Good to hear everything is running smothly now!

When you answer, if you will do @ there woll be a drop down.  You can chose the person you wish to flag, otherwise, we may not run over your reply unless we happen to come back to the thread.

Honored Contributor

@jpie wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@jpie wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

___

Love your hair!

________

@jpie 

I can attribute my hair growth to wen also! (And switching from a brush to a comb)  And I too alternate between wen and tweakd

@Shanus Tolani at QVC has never been made of silk. They've said from the beginning that her usual line in department stores, that is very spendy, is silk but for the Q she's doing the line in Modal.

What bothers me is they continuously talk about exclusivity i.e. limited edition, capsule collections, and that she's never bringing anything back ('Once they're gone they're gone!') but yet they replenish the pieces every time?!

Honored Contributor

Re: TOLANI FABRICS

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo   Annoying, right? They always say that about many lines and styles that show up again in a few months. Barefoot Dreams is also famous for that....never coming back, get yours now, only order of the year....but doesn't sell well and it's back $10 off. That's how I purchased my last long cardigan (very long since petites were sold out) but all colors/sizes in reg. still available. 

***BTW, enjoy your "outfits of the day". 

Respected Contributor

I'm the odd poster who actually owns a few pieces from Tolani.  I purchased the TSV in both the black and red combinations.  The modal is light and cool in the summer.  I've worn my tops as bathing suit cover-ups. This is how I will use the TSVs I purchased.

Obviously we all have different taste.  I would never purposely call something ugly or a train wreck. I almost always receive compliments on my choice of wardrobe. In my world, I am known as a fashion maven.