Contributor

Susan please stop calling Brenda the model Beyonce.

Brenda, holds her own very well as an attractive woman. 

Beyonce, is also a very attractive woman; but should not be used as the standard for black women, as she will tell you.

Respected Contributor

Re: Susan stop calling Brenda

Susan is really "pushing" her clothing tonight, she's a little maybe a lot wired up.   I don't remember seeing her act the way she is and just had to turn off the channel before it drives me crazy.

I didn't hear her say that comment but I have to agree, there's no need to add that.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Susan is really "pushing" her clothing tonight, she's a little maybe a lot wired up.   I don't remember seeing her act the way she is and just had to turn off the channel before it drives me crazy.

I didn't hear her say that comment but I have to agree, there's no need to add that.

Susan has been calling Brenda "Beyonce" for years.  I know because for years I got up early to watch her Thursday shows and bought a lot.  Gave up watching and buying several years ago.  

Honored Contributor

Brenda really does remind me a lot of Beyonce, physically.  Are you sure Graver is holding Beyonce up as some kind of standard for black women and it's not just Susan G. thinking that Brenda resembles Beyonce a lot, as I do also?   I've heard her do it a few times (I rarely watch SG) and she sounds to me like she means it in a complimentary way. 

Esteemed Contributor

Susan calls her "Brenda." Her reference to Beyoncé is simple flattery. With kindness and respect, you need to lighten up a little if that really bothers you.

Trusted Contributor

I always find it insulting to be constantly called another name or compared to someone else. Brenda is Brenda, a lovely and seemingly very nice woman.

Frequent Contributor

Susan Graver is either on speed this evening or has had way too much coffee.  I like her clothes and have bought some, however, she MUST STOP taling over the show host.  The host can never finish a sentence and it is beyond irritating. The poor host cannot even provide information on any article because Susan never shuts up!!!!  Not only is this irritating, but it seems to be getting worse after watching her for a year now. I 'know she is QVC's exclusive designer, but really is turning me off.  Please someone give her a tranquilizer or muzzle.

Valued Contributor

I agree with you. Susan always over talks the host, and is very obnoxious. When I do watch, I mute her.I like a lot of her shirts and blouses, but, I can't see spending $50 or more for a shirt. 

Esteemed Contributor

Although Beyoncé is famous and admired by many, I think she often comes across in a negative way, so I would not think it to be a compliment to be compared to her.  Brenda is Brenda.  Surely, Susan can come up with ways to compliment her in a more unique or personalized way than this same old same old overdone analogy.

Honored Contributor

We are not privy to the story of how it started or if Brenda dislikes it.  I assume it would stop if Brenda was offended.