Valued Contributor

Cannot complaine where located Ross that I like to go sometimes , it's very very close to Beverly Hills, CA.Store has some nice tops, cotton or something else.But this is not for long time, may be season or two. Cannot compare to SG. I am not even talking about her tops, they last for long time and look like new, what I love more it's her French terry jackets. You cannot find this one anywhere. They good for work,look dressy and classy and again have them for long time.

Funny fact,sometimes ago I was watching JTV. Hosting one of   top host, sorry don't remember her name and she had on one of SG  jacket,I recognized because I have the same one.

Respected Contributor

Forget the price. Forget the s&h. It is the quality that is going downhill. 

Respected Contributor

I've stayed pretty quiet about the pricing here, but I have had to start paying attention. It used to be that if I saw a top I liked from D&C, I would just click buy & be done. I know the brand fits me & the quality is usually great. I saw a top last week & clicked on my size & the color I wanted to try & then saw that the price was $46. Plus S&H. I had to say no to that. And another top was on clearance. From $42 to $36. Clearance? No. And it was probably never $42 to begin with. Probably an inroductory price of $35! I ordered 2 pairs of D&C knit pants on Lunchtime Special. I have 1 pair that I love, but these 2 were thinner knit & cut close to the body so they were not attractive on me. They were $16 a pair + $3 a pair to ship. To send them back would be $6.95 (No cheaper to mail them myself. I weighed them.) So $12.95 to try them on & return them. I am going to have to explore other options. 

New Contributor

Is it just me or are Susan's prices getting higher? I just can't pay $59.99 for a fleece jacket! It seems like everything of hers is higher priced these days. Will stick with Denim & Co.!

Honored Contributor

@Sisbabe1 wrote:

Is it just me or are Susan's prices getting higher? I just can't pay $59.99 for a fleece jacket! It seems like everything of hers is higher priced these days. Will stick with Denim & Co.!

Why are most SG tops 59.00? Magic number? Just saying!😉
Respected Contributor

My price range depends on what I am buying, the quality involved and the

number of times I expect to wear the garment.  Truth is, the types of clothing

that SG offers is not what I would expect to wear that often. I don't care for

prints in general, and Susan's are usually too garish for me.  I do buy her

pants from time to time, but lately our local Belk can beat her in fit and in quality for the price.  I have purchased a couple of pieces of LDO, and for me they represent a good buy.

As for Ross, we are in the highest income area of Louisiana (that's not saying very much), and our local Ross store sometimes offers good things at

reasonable prices. Recently I saw a Dennis Basso jacket that was very nice and quite inexpensive. Also some high end dresses and tops that were very well priced.  I only go in there a couple of times each year, but the quality is

perhaps better than some of the Ross stores.

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

Everything I've ever purchased from SG (over the years, at least a hundred items) has lasted forever. So it's well worth the money!

SG always says her clothes will last forever and ever.....who wants a 20 year old top or pants? I certainly do not.  I would rather have a reasonably priced item( low cost) wear it for a couple of seasons and donate it to goodwill....and buy new fresh  items.  What fun is it having a closet full of old clothes that last for ever?

Honored Contributor

That's exactly what I said in my first post on an earlier page.  I don't want clothes that last for years.  Decent quality at a decent price which, IMO, SG is not.

Respected Contributor

i've said it before and i'll say it again.  $50.00 is just too much for a top.  i do not want to spend that much $$ on a top.  

Esteemed Contributor

When I retired, I gave all her clothes to a charity. I can't believe I bought liquid knit pants and tops. They did not last very long after you began washing them. I now buy all my clothing at Kohl's or Target. The pricing is great and very reasonable. At Kohl's, every Wednesday in my area you get a 15% discount for seniors. Also, they have many coupons you can use. They are very customer friendly. I saw a coat on D&C yesterday that I really liked but I could not see paying almost $100.00 (including s&h plus tax). Carolyn ordered one. It was one of the only items that even interested me.