Regular Contributor
Why do they say last call and like 20 seconds later they say "sold out" but then I come online and most sizes are still avail. I just bought a top which "sold out" 12 min ago.

Is it QVC measuring call volume? I don't understand and I almost missed buying it. Sandra said "sold out" and I didn't really love another color so I almost didn't log in but when I did during the NEXT item's presentation pink was still avail and only wait list in one color. I'm glad I got it but I dont think they should sell sold out until it's really gone! Last call I can understand. But buyers might hang up the phone or not come to .com if they think it's gone.
Esteemed Contributor

They do it all the ime with lots of items especially clothing.  Check on line a hour later and there are always some sizes and colors left.

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking that folks are online, in the middle of their ordering process.  Also, some people decide to switch sizes, add colors, etc.  Others are talking with an order representative.   All of this is monitored, electronically, and most likely, all in all, the items are 'sold out', more or less (a few more or a few less). 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

Also if someone is interested in something and it seems to be moving fast, they will buy it in 2 sizes and check the measurements after and cancel 1 order. Others change their minds and cancel orders and perhaps order something different.

Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver soldvio out

Obviously not all sizes and colors sellout at exactly the same minute.  So always check online for someting you really want, then check the next day to pick up the item someone else has cancelled. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver sold out

[ Edited ]

@MommaNJ629 wrote:
Why do they say last call and like 20 seconds later they say "sold out" but then I come online and most sizes are still avail. I just bought a top which "sold out" 12 min ago.

Is it QVC measuring call volume? I don't understand and I almost missed buying it. Sandra said "sold out" and I didn't really love another color so I almost didn't log in but when I did during the NEXT item's presentation pink was still avail and only wait list in one color. I'm glad I got it but I dont think they should sell sold out until it's really gone! Last call I can understand. But buyers might hang up the phone or not come to .com if they think it's gone.

@MommaNJ629  I think this is why. If you put an item into your cart - it stays there for an hour and then goes back into stock if your cart is inactive for an hour.  I think people put things into their cart to think about them (I do) and then either forget they are there (they get busy or get a phone call or something) or just let them go back into inventory.   So I'm thinking at least some of the ones you see were the ones in people's carts that went back into inventory after the cart remained idle for an hour or the person changed her mind intentionally and took it out of her cart before the hour was up.  Thus the size & color shows as being available after it wasn't while it was still in someone's cart.

Esteemed Contributor

I certainly understand the frustration, as I've also been I that position. That said, I can't imagine how complex the programming and development needs are to be able to simultaneously keep up with such immediate inventory metrics! My hats off to all of the software developers that work for Q and keep everything going as well as it does! They are pulling off quite a feat on a daily basis.

Honored Contributor

You all know their ploy - 'run RUN don't walk to the phones or your computer, IPad, tablet etc' to get this.  You NEED this item, garment whatever.  Hurry before it sells out.  Oh no  sorry you missed it, it just sold out...

They say this all the time.  And then hours later when you do get online to check it out, there are plenty of colors & sizes.  No, it didn't really sell out, that's their ploy.  It's what they do.

Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver sold out

[ Edited ]

I just had that experience with the Bella Vita sandals they sold this morning.  I almost always follow along with my laptop, glad I did it this morning.  There were additional colors that were not shown on tv and the hard to find sizes like ww and N were availabe in all the colors.  I actually bought the gold, I've wanted a gold espadrille for quite some time.  If  I hadn't gone online, I never would have known it existed.  I believe they do that when quantities are very  low.  Millions upon millions of viewers are watching Qvc on tv and they want to avoid disappointing people who call in for an item, only to be told it isn't available in that size or color.   

Respected Contributor

Although it's obviously a sales ploy, I've often wondered about this too . . .  I think the way @Pearlee described it makes sense, otherwise, as you say, why would something be available online after they make this "all sold out" announcement.