Super Contributor

Susan Graver has gotten "Too Spendy"

Was watching her present item A90896. I remembered I had purchased that top but had to give it away because it made me look pregnant. I was worried to think that I had paid $43.50 for it. Looked up my order and that top was $33.12 on 4/5/11- not a bad price. It went up over $10.00, plus more for shipping. I had two other Susan Graver tops in that same order and they went up a lot too. I used to love to buy her tops. Each top was just under $40.00 with tax and shipping back then. It didn't seem too much being under 40.00 (38.81 or even $39.90).

I could afford to buy her tops now, but I don't want to. Most of them come out over $50.00 with shipping these days. I've found some shirts just as nice at Kohl's for less than half that price. It's a shame her things have gotten so expensive. I guess many ladies are willing to pay the higher prices. And I hope that they enjoy her clothes. I just won't do it anymore. I still have a lot of her clothes and will have to shop my own closet. Most of the shirts I have are still being presented on QVC but for more money. So I watch the shows and then dig the shirts I see out from the back of the closet. And feel happy that I paid A LOT less for them.

New Contributor

Re: Susan Graver has gotten "Too Spendy"

I agree.  And not only Susan Graver, but Logo, Women in Control, ALL of their fashions have gotten spendy.  I see new in stores all the time for half the price or less, and no shipping on top of that.  QVC use to stand for Quality, VALUE, and convienance, too bad that middle word has gone to the way side in their fashion.  Getting quickly affordable for only the well to do!  Even the clearance priced items can be spendy. 

Valued Contributor

I haven't purchased anything from her line in 15 yrs. for the same price I can shop locally at stores like Ann Taylor or White House Black Market. If I want to spend less, I have multiple options available and all have the advantage of no shipping or return issues since I can try on before purchasing. The V in QVC isn't there as much as it used to be, sadly!
Respected Contributor

I realize that you picked the SG line because that's the style you like, but this statement could be said about many items.  Not just at QVC either.  Seems like I question most of my purchases these days.  Higher pricing without the quality I am expecting.  All I can do is keep reminding myself to wear what I have and stop stockpiling clothing.  Thanks for the reminder.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm just glad I probably bought too much in the last couple of years before prices started going up like they have.  Now I don't have to buy anything from QVC or anywhere else (unless I just can't live without it, which is unlikely!)... I just go and shop my closet, jeans, shoes, tops, purses, etc.  I have a store! Happy smiley animated emoticon

Valued Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

I'm just glad I probably bought too much in the last couple of years before prices started going up like they have.  Now I don't have to buy anything from QVC or anywhere else (unless I just can't live without it, which is unlikely!)... I just go and shop my closet, jeans, shoes, tops, purses, etc.  I have a store! Happy smiley animated emoticon

Good for you!!! I have to agree that the prices have gone up way too much. But I guess the answer is, what hasn't gone up?? I went a little crazy over the last couple of weeks and bought quite a few things. Unfortunately, they were all too big so back they go and I just don't know what size to order anymore???

Trusted Contributor

Very overpriced. I found some fabulous deals at Macy's this weekend. All on sale, I bought 3 pair of summer weight pants ($30), a Calvin Klein off white hoody with a gray animal print ($10), a lightweight denim shirt ($9), two lightweight crew neck long sleeve tops ($7). I had a $20 off $50 coupon. I paid for a total of $40 for everything!

Trusted Contributor

I shop A LOT in Macys.  If you wait for the One Day sales, you can get great prices.  I can get 3-4 tops for the price of one SG top!

Honored Contributor

momcat wrote:

"I realize that you picked the SG line because that's the style you like, but this statement could be said about many items.  Not just at QVC either.  Seems like I question most of my purchases these days.  Higher pricing without the quality I am expecting.  All I can do is keep reminding myself to wear what I have and stop stockpiling clothing.  Thanks for the reminder."

Momcat

This is  true.  I have noticed the raise in prices in the LOGO line (because that is the only line I buy here).  Yes, they have gone up, since the QVC  shipping snafu. But prices have gone up everywhere, I mean everywhere!.  I notice hike in prices at each store I shop, because I usually am a repeat purchaser!  The Bobbi brown, Logo, Perricone, etc purchases I made this time last year, are now several dollars more.

Honored Contributor

Too  "spendy" ???   Woman Indifferent