Valued Contributor

I wanted to order her jeggings, and a jacket but did not know how her clothes fit.  Do you go down or up a size etc.  i know there is a fit chart but everytime I follow it I have to go down a size, or it is totally a wrong fit.  I am busty but my shoulders are small and I guess my arms are also short! Man, I sound like a mess. Woman Frustrated  Also where do her pants hit, natural waist or a little below? I have more luck if they are not at the natural waist. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Susan Graver fit??

[ Edited ]

Your questions are good. Much as the sellers claim their fit works for everyone, of course that's not possible--we're all different. For me, I wear the same nominal size in Graver as in Denim & Company and Mizrahi and Linea. I almost never size up or down, unless there are scads of reviews for a particular garment that say it's a good idea. The fine tuning comes in with how the garment is cut. For example, I find most pants, including Graver, are above my waist, so I check the rise and look for the ones they call below the waist, and sometimes they fit at the waist instead of being too high. For tops and jackets, I feel that the fit in the shoulders is the key--droopy shoulders always make the whole top or jacket look too big, even if it's not. So, since I have hips, I look for things that are cut full around the bottom instead of trying to size up, which would make the shoulders too wide. If I have to size up to get the fit in the bottom, I just don't choose that garment. I don't have the large bust issue, but I think the principle is the same: look for the right fit in the shoulders, and only buy things that are cut full in the bust to begin with. Princess seams and peplums work for me; you may do better with a straighter cut and a yoke or gathers or pleating at the top. Make sense? 

Honored Contributor

If you'll go online to the item description. Read the text describing the item and the end of the last sentence has the words "click here".  If you click you get all kinds of measurements for that specific garment.  Compare them to a well fitting garment that you already own and you'll come close to getting a great fit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I won't buy anything, anywhere, without reading reviews 1st, BUT.... Susan Graver reviews are all over the place. I do know my size in her clothing & always stick to it. So far (knock on wood), everything has always fit. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always went down a size in SG clothing, but that was years ago so I don't know if she has eliminated the vanity sizing for her line.  I have always gone by the "Click here" measurements for anything I have purchased.

I have to laugh every time I hear SG talk about how she knows how to design her pants to be the perfect fit for a woman.  As @KaySD alluded to, a designer cannot possibly design a perfect fitting pair of pants for all body types.  I found SG pants to be too bowed out in the hips and a bit high-waisted for my liking.

Honored Contributor

I always buy my pants according to the "click here" hip measurement ... and they always fit me.

Valued Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

Your questions are good. Much as the sellers claim their fit works for everyone, of course that's not possible--we're all different. For me, I wear the same nominal size in Graver as in Denim & Company and Mizrahi and Linea. I almost never size up or down, unless there are scads of reviews for a particular garment that say it's a good idea. The fine tuning comes in with how the garment is cut. For example, I find most pants, including Graver, are above my waist, so I check the rise and look for the ones they call below the waist, and sometimes they fit at the waist instead of being too high. For tops and jackets, I feel that the fit in the shoulders is the key--droopy shoulders always make the whole top or jacket look too big, even if it's not. So, since I have hips, I look for things that are cut full around the bottom instead of trying to size up, which would make the shoulders too wide. If I have to size up to get the fit in the bottom, I just don't choose that garment. I don't have the large bust issue, but I think the principle is the same: look for the right fit in the shoulders, and only buy things that are cut full in the bust to begin with. Princess seams and peplums work for me; you may do better with a straighter cut and a yoke or gathers or pleating at the top. Make sense? 

Yes, that makes sense and that is what I will do.  Thanks to all for your replies!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I go down a size now after having to return too many things of hers. i normally take a med in all QVC clothing.In Sg I am now buying small.

Valued Contributor

I find with her line I wear the size I wear in all other brands.  I buy Isaac, Quacker, Denim and Co., craft and barrow, Sonoma.

Her pants are the ABSOLUTE BEST FIT EVER.  When they talk about this being her forte, yes it is.  They fit perfectly.  And pants are my problem clothes.

I'm a plus gal, but Apple shape....major Apple.  I have no butt, and chicken legs.

Yet they fit me as if tailored.  I see Antonella wears her pants a lot and the fit her great....we are polar opposites in size.  

I would order your normal size and try.  You'll love them.

New Contributor

I wear a 1x and usually her clothes fit.  Some of the more tailored tops are a bit snug and I send those back.  Her pants fit ok so far.

What I really want is dresses and skirts that cover the knee (I have had a right knee replaced and I don't really care to show my scar all that much).   A skirt with a 28-32 inch length skirt from the waist would be great.   I never did care of pencil skirts, especially those that rise to upper thigh when you sit down.  I am a professional woman and am expected to dress like one and my preference is dresses and skirts with blazers or jacks.  I have all the tops and pants I need, but there has to be something else in their lines that indicate more feminenity than the stuff we are seeing now.