Esteemed Contributor

I usually love to watch Susan's shows.....but it seems like the materials are ALL poly blends, acrylics and too expensive for what it is. I see sweaters that I like, and low and behold - acrylic blend....for over $50.00 plus shipping. I won't spend that much for that type of material - not unless its a cotton blend. 

Also, I wish that Miss Susan would stop saying that all her products are "amazing!". 

Honored Contributor

That's just her 'catch phrase'.  Come on....haven't you ever heard someone use a word all of the time?

I've been known to do it (Ahhh!  Wonderful thing about your children when they get older, they are quick to point out "Why do you always use the same word over and over"?)

Do a test.  Carry on a long conversation.  One you feel especially excited or serious about defending.  It might take more than one day, but almost everyone has a word or catch phrase.

I'm not saying sometimes I don't want to pull my hair out watching QVC (one person in particular I always change the channel) but Susan(?) she tries and believes in her product.  That's better than some.

Honored Contributor

Susan keeps repeating that  it is not KOOKY OR CRAZY..... what does that mean?? 

Contributor

Code for "not LOGO"

Esteemed Contributor

@Skezeldog wrote:

Code for "not LOGO"

Ha Ha Ha .... so true !!!!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

This striped sweater on air now is horrendous! OMG! Really bad.

Esteemed Contributor

@dogmother wrote:

I usually love to watch Susan's shows.....but it seems like the materials are ALL poly blends, acrylics and too expensive for what it is. I see sweaters that I like, and low and behold - acrylic blend....for over $50.00 plus shipping. I won't spend that much for that type of material - not unless its a cotton blend. 

Also, I wish that Miss Susan would stop saying that all her products are "amazing!". 

I buy and wear a lot of her clothes.  But they have gotten rather expensive.  And you are right about her presentations.  She absolutely loves everything and carries on and on.  But she is the designer so of course she is going to love everything, so I can't really fault her for it.  But I do wish she would use some new words.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I just can't take anymore polyester.  Or prints.  I don't look that good in her prints.  I think Susan always looks nice in her clothing but some of her things read older to me. 

That big striped sweater - who came up with that look?  Ick.

Respected Contributor

Well, Susan may just a bit too hyper for me - but, I did buy the TSV cardigan and the  knit tank and the lace tank - all in that turquoise blue. Yep - love that color!  It is a thinner cardigan which will work great in the spring thru fall  - where I live, even in the winter months too actually. The tanks seem a bit pricey - but, I will soo get my money's worth with those!! I am a bit of a tank fanatic! Ha, I am a bit of a cardigan fanatic too. So, I guess this set will work well for me! Woman Very Happy

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

For those of us who have been with her for years her whole presentation is a repetition and she does often use phrases from other designers.   I understand it is good that you are proud of your product but I wish that we could see all of the samples before she starts her "story".   I wished more presenters showed us the complete product immediately.  I can see the item, I need to see the inside organization of a purse, the various prints, colors, etc so I can make a decision before my choice is sold out.  Many of us have been asking SG for more natural blend fabrics.  We do not want more of the same in another color.  I am looking for something totally new and do not need any more tops that go to my knees  or long pants that I have to hem.  She should make tall for the models so the "average" lady does not have to have every piece altered.  This added expense on top of $50 and the quality control means that my QVC purchases have decreased greatly the past year.  I have not given up totally yet.