Valued Contributor

Susan Graver, Your viewers/customers are not stupid!!

I was watching SG tonight with the sound muted.  Anyway, the U-Neck Tank was being presented and the camera zoomed in on the labels. 

Susan was talking about the fabric and how it was mentioned on the label.  While doing that she pit on finger over the size/made in label.

I know she has done this before; but  it just makes her look so sneaky.

This is going to make me think twice when it comes to purchasing her garments.

Valued Contributor

Re: Susan Graver, Your viewers/customers are not stupid!!

[ Edited ]

She did grasp the tags tonight. Some of her garments are made in USA and she points this out during her presentations if it is one of those pieces. 

Respected Contributor

Oh my...sneaky, sneaky Susie Q!  Time to come back to a label that says "made in the USA"!

Honored Contributor

She does point ot when items are made in the US but MANY of her things are not.  THere's no wonder why she's covering up labels.

Valued Contributor

Her actions may be offensive, but really, when was the last time you were able to buy TOTALLY American made clothing.  Often the fabric is made one place and the garment assembled elsewhere.  I'm old enough to remember the little ILGW label in many clothes.  Also the big textile mills of the southern US making real quality towels and sheets.  Those days are gone and won't return.  Businessmen realized there was more money to be made off shore so moved their manufacturing plants and often sacrificed quality in the process.

Honored Contributor

It comes down to the all mighty dollar... SG could care less about having garments made in the USA... she wants them made where she makes the most per garment. I do not trust a word out of her mouth.... like some politicians  I know....

Honored Contributor

Susan says when garments are made in the USA.  If she doesn't say anything, it's made elsewhere.

Valued Contributor

The items make outside the US should "NOT" have the US retail price!!!

It seems that "all" of her items are getting more expensive from show to show.

Honored Contributor

As soon as Apple and other electronic sellers manufacture their products in the USA, I'll worry about buying Susan's clothing which is made elsewhere.

In the meantime, I and millions of others spend all kinds of huge dollars month after month buying Ipads, Iphopnes, TV's. tablets, etc. withpout saying a word about where they are manufactured.

Also, the last three times I checked Louis' website for possible tops, everyone I checked was made out of the USA and I never see a single complaint.

As far as I'm concerned., all this complaint about SG is just ridiculously useless.  And, no, I'm not stupid.  Just informed.  usan is still the only designer at QVC I want to buy from.  Go, Susan.

Honored Contributor

@JCF -- I do hope you're doing that for every QVC designer instead of just pointing out SG.  I just looked at the Forum favorite designer -  and the first two items were imported, not made in the USA!  I didn't check further because where it's manufavctured isn't the reason I don't spend my money on gus clothing.

I'll be buying Susan whenever I like what she's selling -  that supports loval workers who are employed by QVC to manage theiur website, work in the warehouses and phone centers, and even those who are part of the TV presentations.  They are all American workers who need my support evrery bit as much as those who manufacture elsewhere need it.