Esteemed Contributor

I am the Grandmother at a summer wedding and don't know what to wear.  I'm thinking of palazzo pants (maybe Bob Mackie's wide leg pants) and a nice shirt or jacket.  Pants because I can't wear pretty shoes anymore and will wear flats.  Does this sound too casual?  Thanks for your input Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I think palazzo pants are very dressy and that you would look just lovely and be comfortable too! 

Honored Contributor

If you're tall cropped palazzo pants can work.  If you're short (I know from experience) you need them to be long and not too wide.

Depending on the fabric and the top you get it can look very pretty and dressy.  Will you be getting a jacket?  I wore a beauful silk jacket over a pretty tank to a wedding last summer with black dressy pants and it worked well.

I personally can't stand wearing dresses anymore. I prefer to be comfortable and wear what looks good  on me.

Is this going to be a very dressy & formal wedding? Then you might need very dressy fabric but long flowy pants can almost look like a gown.

@Patriot3 wrote:

I am the Grandmother at a summer wedding and don't know what to wear.  I'm thinking of palazzo pants (maybe Bob Mackie's wide leg pants) and a nice shirt or jacket.  Pants because I can't wear pretty shoes anymore and will wear flats.  Does this sound too casual?  Thanks for your input Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

in a dressy fabric it could be nice

you have lots of time to look as well. I would head to Lord and Taylor for dressy looks, but I dont know where you live.  

@lolakimono  can you help?

Honored Contributor

I think palazzo pants would be very nice.  But probably not any sold on Q.  I found better-looking ones elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3

You might try Draper's and Damon (chiffon palazzos and coordinated sets) and vivid linen ... linen wide leg with chiffon overlay. HTH 

Sounds like fun.

Alex Evenings is the brand of palazzos (chiffon) that seem to be popular and these are carried by department stores too.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Contributor

I'm the Grandmother too andI will also have a summer wedding, so I'll be watching this post.  Hope there's lots more posts to help out.  

Respected Contributor

Very pretty - enjoy!

Honored Contributor

I think there is too much worry about what to wear to a wedding. Of all the weddings I have gone to I cannot remember what the Grandmothers wore,let alone anyone else.

Take that back, went to a wedding years ago (before tatoos were so common place) and someone had a spider web tatoo on their back.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Don't wear those darkening glasses. They will show up like you are wearing sunglasses.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man