Honored Contributor

Suggestions for a comfy, leisure bra - is there such a thing?

This may be an odd request, but here goes.  Does anyone here have a recommendation or suggestion for a comfortable, leisure bra?  I wear my p.j.s. and lounge clothes around the house probably 95% of the time.  These items of clothing are not skimpy at all and I'm well covered.  However, I would like a bra to wear that is comfortable and light (no underwires) to wear during the day in case somebody comes to the door, etc.  I'm not overly endowed - just average I guess you would say.  I have tried some of the stretchy bras but they seem to give me a "uni-boob" look, which I don't like and is not comfortable and does not look good at all.  Anyone???  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions for a comfy, leisure bra - is there such a thing?

Have you tried any yet? I like Rhonda Shears ahhh-bras. She has 20 different types and they are comfortable ( but many say they aren't supportive enough)-  I am 34b so not large-busted but I love them. I don't get a uniboob look. They go on sale all the time too. Try them! 

Super Contributor

Search bra on here, the forum.  There are several,  not too old threads that I have tried and liked.

Honored Contributor

I buy "Genie" bras (step in).     I am not "busty"......but I still have to SIZE UP.     All these  sports and leisure styles run really small.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was going on a hiking trip in October but didn't want to wear my sport bras, because they are tight (compression) and uncomfortable to wear for hours on end.  Plus, even though I am smallish on top (36A), they gave me a uniboob look.  So I bought these from Amazon and loved them!  I wear them with the pads to give shape and coverage.  For me, they do not give a uniboob look at all, and I felt comfortable with the shape they gave me wearing them under a light t-shirt as our days warmed up while hiking.  They are very comfortable to wear, and the pads do not shift.  I do take the pads out and hand wash the pads.  But for the actual bras, I put them in lingerie bags and wash them in cold with my good clothes.

The size chart indicated I should order an XL, so I did, but they were too big.  I returned them and sized down to a large, and they were perfect.  Like I said earlier, I am a 36A so not big but the large is what I needed in these.

Screen Shot 2023-12-26 at 7.12.53 AM.png

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like cotton bras which aren't easy to find.  I find them comfortable and breathable.  I found one at Jockey that is organic cotton.  I don't feel like I'm wearing a bra.  I can't post a link but this is the name.

Jockey® Organic Cotton Stretch Triangle Bralette

Jockey Bra.jpg

Honored Contributor

My favorite bra is playtex 4159.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

I wear Fruit of the Loom front closure Beyond Soft cotton bras.  I like that they hook in the front because I don't like step-in bras and it also eliminates the uni-boob look.  They are sold by band size. 

Honored Contributor

Walmart carries these in 2 pack I think.

I'm 44 DDD so I always automatically just buy the biggest size can't go by the sizes stated. 

If biggest is 4 X I say the bigger the better.

Hanes makes these. Don't try to fit in regular size.

Unless your Amy Stran or Kirstan and have a boy chest

Honored Contributor

Another secret is wearing black. Like black shackets over a black top.   The mailman or UPS man can't tell (even on me) that you have a chest.

Size up. Big and sloppy like the men have always

enjoyed.