Esteemed Contributor

Stylists, celebs and the red carpet

When you see a celebrity on the red carpet, what you don't see is all the work behind the scenes that went into dressing that celebrity. Footwear News (my favorite website about all things shoes) has a fun behind the scenes article about how the stylists get the clothes, shoes, and accessories that you see a celebrity wear on the red carpet.

https://footwearnews.com/2017/influencers/awards/red-carpet-stylists-avo-jason-bolden-advice-tips-31...

What It’s Really Like for Celebrity Stylists During Awards Season

Honored Contributor

Re: Stylists, celebs and the red carpet

Thanks!  I enjoyed seeing that.  I've seen several different shows where they go from plain to 'fixed up' from the stylist.

I was thinking what stress it must be for a female as she gets old(er) like Kris Kardashian to keep up 'the look' all of the time.

I used to watch their reality show and it seemed like there was always a 'stylist' over their house, painting their faces, bringing in clothes for them to like or dislike (they used to borrow them) and then had to return them.

Just constant upkeep.  I guess it's worth it to them, sure doesn't seem like it to me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Stylists, celebs and the red carpet

I'd rather be my own "stylist." The result wouldn't be any worse than some of the red carpet getups styled by the "professionals"!  Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~