Honored Contributor

Style Insider: Top Wearable Fashion Trends 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_11DwJLwwY

This  is a popular blogger that really does her homework.  It's interesting to see where she agrees with other forecasters.

I won't be doing "Dad sneakers" but I do love pale palettes.

What do you like or dislike in this list?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Style Insider: Top Wearable Fashion Trends 2019

[ Edited ]

Hmmm .... I've always worn "dad's sneakers."   What gets my goat is the name ... Who decided these were "dad's?"   Check out the Vionic sneakers here ... the style has been around since ... well, some of mine go back to the 80s, as in "Working Girl."

https://www.qvc.com/Vionic-Womens-Leather-Walking-Sneaker---Walker.product.A261994.html?sc=SRCH

Honored Contributor

@ECBG, I do like that she highlights things that are wearable, as opposed to far out, runway-only stuff.

pale neutrals (yummy) 

wrap dresses (these are always so good, esp. for pear-shapes, long-waisted, etc.)

ruching (again, figure flattering)

Don't care for:

one shoulder bared  (Nancy Reagan popularized this look for evening, and looked regal in it, but it looks sort of "faddy" to me, esp. the examples they show...

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

Hmmm .... I've always worn "dad's sneakers."   What gets my goat is the name ... Who decided these were "dad's?"   Check out the Vionic sneakers here ... the style has been around since ... well, some of mine go back to the 80s, as in "Working Girl."

https://www.qvc.com/Vionic-Womens-Leather-Walking-Sneaker---Walker.product.A261994.html?sc=SRCH

@SoX I thought I had missed the term "Dad's sneakers" it was SO foreign to me!

Honored Contributor

What I don't like:

Dad sneakers ... I just can't wear any chunky shoes - they look absolutely awful on me feet and make my legs look really weird.

Wrap dresses ... just don't like them - never did.

Ruching ... really depends on the garment / fabric / location of ruching. HATE ruching on sleeves.  

One cold shoulder ... (they've got to be kidding!)

Sustainable clothing .... I haven't a clue what that is!

----------------------------

On my LIKE list:

Tortoise jewelry ... long time favorite ...  I have a bunch of bracelets.

Beige and neutrals ... fine with me.  I did a lot of beige last summer.  

Fanny packs ... I have a two that I use frequently. (I don't like pockets in my clothes.)   Might have to buy another.  I still have one I bought in 1989 just before I moved back to NY.

Red / terra cottas ... already in my wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My granddaughter and her friends were wearing the big oversized trainers (as she calls them) last year.  She tells me that they are going out of style and they will wear slip-on this year. I said something to the effect "You won't have to tie them."  She said, "oh, yeah, you have to tie them or buy the ones that are pre-tied."  

I would never have worn that stuff in public in my youth, except to play soccer or tennis.

I do like the muted terra cotta, particularly with the periwinkle color.  Very pretty.  I love wrap dresses.  Always have.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@SoX I thought I had missed the term "Dad's sneakers" it was SO foreign to me!

@ECBG  ...

I have that Vionic sneaker in white/purple, tan, and black.   It's probably the best-fitting sneaker I've ever had.

Honored Contributor

I would trip and kill myself in those klutzy trainers...seriously😏

The ruching and wrap dresses are wearable.  I like some tortoise jewelry, especially earrings.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I would trip and kill myself in those klutzy trainers...seriously😏

The ruching and wrap dresses are wearable.  I like some tortoise jewelry, especially earrings.

Yes, I love tortoise jewelry and wrap dresses.  I have some tortoise jewelry from the past and it still looks good.  I gave away two wrap dresses last year.  Waaah.  They were pretty.  Should have kept them but you can't keep everything.

Honored Contributor

I won't be buying a fanny pack, a one shoulder anything, or Dad sneakers.

I do like the remainder on the list.