Valued Contributor

Re: Stunning Tarragon leather blazer BUT.....sigh.....

On 8/8/2014 Sheesh said:
On 8/8/2014 HAPPY LADY said:
On 8/8/2014 Sheesh said:
On 8/8/2014 Debbie1426 said:
On 8/8/2014 depglass said:

This will keep happening until they bring manufacturing back to the U.S. I don't see that happening in our lifetime. There is no oversight at the manufacturing level to nip a problem in the bud. They just box the stuff up and put it on a cargo ship. Heaven knows how long it stays on the ship or on the dock. If you love the jacket, work with it for three weeks. If you don't have complete results by then, send it back. If the jacket is just so-so, send it back now and save yourself the effort.

I think protectionism is a dangerous concept. As a consumer, I for one prefer to have options. It is a personal choice. There is still plenty made in the US, you just have to be willing to pay for it. Sometimes I do and sometimes I choose not to. We are all free to do the same.

Well, the trade balance between US and China is way off, so the "protectionism" you speak of is engaged in by China. China's trade surplus for July is $47.3 Billion! We sent out jobs and our money to China---time to bring them back until we get balanced trade. To put it in plain terms, we spent $47.3 Billion MORE on Chinese goods than the Chinese spent on American goods. Think of how our economy would be if even half of that was spent in the US! The "options" you speak of are short-lived and we'll soon be out of options if we don't start reversing this!

Here is the 2014 US Foreign Trade Census through June. The July report is not included as it just came out.

I saw last night in one of your responses you are an attorney. So am I (corporate). So I smiled with I read your response above. Most people don't really understand what is going on and now with Russia it is time to turn off the money and resend these one sided agreements. Guess this is what happens when there are attorneys who wear Linea. Actually I think there are several of us. Perfect clothing and looking good.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I''m a corporate attorney, too, and negotiate deals/contracts all over the world--that is why I travel so much and away for so long --deals in the hundreds of millions and sometimes even billions of dollars---and that takes time, as you know. I'll be in DC this coming week negotiating a deal and I'll be wearing Linea---haven't decided what to pack yet, but I'll be there all week wearing Linea--leave Monday morning and fly back Friday night.

Note: I updated my response to Debbie 1426 in the grey box above.

I'm wondering if we ever crossed paths. I work for the largest oil exploration company in the world and travel a lot!! My home office is in Australia but I go everywhere there is oil exploration. My regional office was moved to Trinidad when the Gulf of Mexico oil spilled happened. Boy do they love Bare Essentials cosmetics in Trinidad. Every time I leave they "take" them all at airport.

Respected Contributor

On 8/8/2014 Sheesh said:
On 8/8/2014 Sheesh said:
On 8/8/2014 Debbie1426 said:
On 8/8/2014 depglass said:

This will keep happening until they bring manufacturing back to the U.S. I don't see that happening in our lifetime. There is no oversight at the manufacturing level to nip a problem in the bud. They just box the stuff up and put it on a cargo ship. Heaven knows how long it stays on the ship or on the dock. If you love the jacket, work with it for three weeks. If you don't have complete results by then, send it back. If the jacket is just so-so, send it back now and save yourself the effort.

I think protectionism is a dangerous concept. As a consumer, I for one prefer to have options. It is a personal choice. There is still plenty made in the US, you just have to be willing to pay for it. Sometimes I do and sometimes I choose not to. We are all free to do the same.

Well, the trade balance between US and China is way off, so the "protectionism" you speak of is engaged in by China. China's trade surplus for July is $47.3 Billion! We sent out jobs and our money to China---time to bring them back until we get balanced trade. To put it in plain terms, we spent $47.3 Billion MORE on Chinese goods than the Chinese spent on American goods. Think of how our economy would be if even half of that was spent in the US! The "options" you speak of are short-lived and we'll soon be out of options if we don't start reversing this!

Here is the 2014 US Foreign Trade Census through June. The July report is not included as it just came out.

I saw last night in one of your responses you are an attorney. So am I (corporate). So I smiled with I read your response above. Most people don't really understand what is going on and now with Russia it is time to turn off the money and resend these one sided agreements. Guess this is what happens when there are attorneys who wear Linea. Actually I think there are several of us. Perfect clothing and looking good.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I''m a corporate attorney, too, and negotiate deals/contracts all over the world--that is why I travel so much and away for so long --deals in the hundreds of millions and sometimes even billions of dollars---and that takes time, as you know. I'll be in DC this coming week negotiating a deal and I'll be wearing Linea---haven't decided what to pack yet, but I'll be there all week wearing Linea--leave Monday morning and fly back Friday night.

Note: I updated my response to Debbie 1426 in the grey box above.

I'm wondering if we ever crossed paths. I work for the largest oil exploration company in the world and travel a lot!! My home office is in Australia but I go everywhere there is oil exploration. My regional office was moved to Trinidad when the Gulf of Mexico oil spilled happened. Boy do they love Bare Essentials cosmetics in Trinidad. Every time I leave they "take" them all at airport.

I can't say any more, but I work for a company in the top 25 of the Fortune 500. I'm in my 27th year with the company.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

On 8/8/2014 Sheesh said:
On 8/8/2014 ceicei50 said:

I just got my jacket. Wow, what a horrible smell. Also, I bought this jacket last year, but I lost weight and ordered a medium. The quality of this jacket does not compare to last year. That jacket is a much heavier weight, more of an outerwear jacket. This is a much slimmer fit with a lighter leather. Unfortunately, it is going back.

I bought the jacket in 2012---the first time it appeared---this is the second reorder. The leather was, indeed, "thicker" on the one I got in 2012 which had nary a wrinkle, but sadly, ordered a size too big back then and I had to return it and there never was another one in my size. I then ordered again and returned again last year due to the leather issues. I figured maybe "third time's the charm" and I tried again this year and ordered the Black for the third time and the Tan. The Luggage Tan that I got yesterday has lots of wrinkles and I hope to smooth them out. I have given up on the Black altogether---I don't even want to discuss it further!

I already have the tarragon and black jackets from the first go round. Last year I ordered the burgundy. The leather was thin - almost paper-like and very wrinkled. I have given up on this jacket! I really should not have so many suede and leather jackets since I live in the rainy Pacific Northwest!!

Respected Contributor

I followed the advice here on stuffing dryer sheets in the arms of the jackets and I put some in the pockets, as well, of my Luggage Tan Blazer. It helped a lot. I now have a plastic bag over the jacket, tied at the bottom and I soaked a paper towel with a scent-less Frebreeze-like odor remover and we'll see how that works to fully eradicate the odor.

Respected Contributor

Send it back - sold out or not! Why spent hard earned money on a product full price that arrives in such conditions?

Somebody has horrible quality control that is for sure.

Respected Contributor

On 8/10/2014 Sheesh said:

I followed the advice here on stuffing dryer sheets in the arms of the jackets and I put some in the pockets, as well, of my Luggage Tan Blazer. It helped a lot. I now have a plastic bag over the jacket, tied at the bottom and I soaked a paper towel with a scent-less Frebreeze-like odor remover and we'll see how that works to fully eradicate the odor.

Well, I'm here to report that it worked. The odor is now completely gone! Now if I can get the wrinkles out, I'm good to go! I'm planning to wear this Luggage Tan leather jacket with the Hunter Green, Black and Navy WK pants with matching T-necks or V-necks, as well as the Green Flame Stitch pieces, oh, and the Aubergine WK skirt and V-neck, too.

Trusted Contributor

happy to hear the problem is eliminated. A few days usually does the trick.

I'm going to the dry cleaners on Monday, and I'll ask how they get wrinkles out of leather. I think we'd all like to know the answer to that. Just another tool in our arsenal for wardrobe care.

Trusted Contributor

I cannot understand you women who would keep a jacket that is defective and has a smell of mildew. This smell could make you Ill. Louis' items are not cheap and you should not have to try different methods to remove this odor just so you don't have to return it. To me it sounds unbelievable. I believe that if it wasn't one of Louis' items you would return it in a second. Why don't one of you contact him and advise him of this problem. If they are all like this, then they should not be sold. I know some of you have to have everything he brings to the Q. Look at the odor problems with the Gili bag, people returned them, which is what should be done. When you are paying for any item and it has any kind of defect, it should be returned. Let me also say I do like Louis and have many of his pieces but I'll tell you this, I do give him credit, he's a very smart businessman.
Trusted Contributor

On 8/10/2014 Sheesh said:

You stated you are an attorney. I have been in the legal field my entire working life, the last 15 years working for a Judge. I would never keep anything that could potentionally be harmful to my health and I wouldn't think that you would find it acceptable to keep a defective item and try all different methods to correct it instead of returning it. It's defective and should be returned, how else will the Q know about the problem. Also I see from reading your posts that you are close to Louis, so why not tell him also about the problem. Where is the quality control?
Super Contributor

Much like one man's trash is another man's treasure, what is defective to one person is acceptable to someone else, especially if it is something they love. Certainly does not bother me if someone chooses to take certain steps to fix something someone else would have sent back. I have done my share of changing buttons or making alterations to make something just right. It is a personal choice. As for this particular jacket, I believe Louis was made aware of the problem and luckily QVC stands behind their policy for those who choose to return it for whatever reason. Whether or not they should be sending out these jackets as new is a whole other story!!