Valued Contributor

Re: Sports Illustrated plus size model

Beautiful model.

Why would anyone presume to say she is at an unhealthy weight? She could have a great exercise routine and prefers to stay at the weight she is currently showing.

I remember seeing a special on TV about a female swimmer, who was not a spring chicken, swimming some unbelievable distance...in cold ocean waters. They figured she was able to do it because she had a balanced amount of body fat "all over" and it helped keep her insulated. She was NOT thin at all, but very fit and could swim LONG distances.

Skinny people can be just as "unfit" as chubby people...sigh...

Contributor

She's beautiful.

Super Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Jackielee said:

You know, reading some of these comments about how fat, etc. this woman is, I realized that women don't need men to make them feel bad. Women do a pretty good job themselves planting insecurities in other women. Sad! Geez, if it's not that she's got a stomach and she's not healthy ( How do you know that?) and not pretty, she's a tramp for posing for the picture. SI has been doing this issue for many, many, many years. We are not in Victorian times.

Loved your reply .Some posters get upset with the skin shown on the Q, SI must be freaking them out. I think the model is lovely by the way.

Regular Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Cookie06 said:

Wow I would love to see the people that are saying this beautiful girl is fat???? I wonder what size they are. She is absolutely lovely and looks so great in this swimsuit.

{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Yes, I am always curious as to how the posters of the nasty comments look.

Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Alsee said: She isn't modeling in SI - she is in an ad that will be in the magazine. Anyway, I think she looks great and hopefully she is healthy for her weight.
It still isn't part of the editorial pages. Since two thirds of Americans are either overweight or obese, this will be the new norm for what we will see at the beach. Having been from the Twiggy generation, I think she looks too large to wear a bikini.
Trusted Contributor

I think that they both look great in a bikini. But to me Robin Lawley looks significantly smaller than the first photo of the size 16 model in the ad. It looks like Robyn Lawley is Australian - could it be that the reference to her being a size 12 actually be an Australian size 12 (which is US size 8)?
Trusted Contributor

On 2/9/2015 CAshopper2011 said: I think that they both look great in a bikini. But to me Robin Lawley looks significantly smaller than the first photo of the size 16 model in the ad. It looks like Robyn Lawley is Australian - could it be that the reference to her being a size 12 actually be an Australian size 12 (which is US size 8)?
never mind - she is 6'2. So a size 12 on a 6'2 frame is significantly different than a size 12 on a 5'2 frame. Hardly plus sized to me. Swimsuit models aren't typically tall like runway models. Josie Maran, for example, is a size 4 but she is 6 inches shorter than the "plus sized" model. (All of these sizes and heights are according to a 30-second Wikipedia search, so may not be perfectly accurate!)
Regular Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Carmie said:

I saw this model on the internet last evening and called my husband in to look at her. I asked him what he thought. He said "She is beautiful with a killer body." I mentioned to him that she is plus size. He asked what plus size meant.

I asked him what he thought of the model who will be on the front cover and he said "She looks like a plucked chicken."

He, like a lot of men prefer women with a little meat on their bones. It's women who prefer the thinner look. Most men like curves.

BTW: She models for Swim Suits for All. That's an online store when I purchase my swimsuits. Yeah for SI to allow that company to place an ad in their magazine. And kudos to Swimsuitsfor all for making swimsuits for all body types.

This is so true! I was a size 0 when I met and started dating my husband. 3 years after having my daughter, I am a size 2. While I am working out obsessively and counting my calories, my husband has made it clear that he prefers me as a size 2 (I'm "thicker" now in my hips and thighs).

Super Contributor

On 2/9/2015 Serena-1130 said:
On 2/5/2015 Cookie06 said:

Wow I would love to see the people that are saying this beautiful girl is fat???? I wonder what size they are. She is absolutely lovely and looks so great in this swimsuit.

{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Yes, I am always curious as to how the posters of the nasty comments look.

Asking what the posters look like is a big no-no, I and several others have ask and been called i d i o t s. I have already been called stupid because I use MK , but I really love the way it smells.I would love to see the faces that goes with the mouths of a few posters !